Chapter thirteen: The dark forest part 1

*-*

A few weeks had gone by and Hazal would not stop bugging me about the forest and it was honestly getting annoying at this point. One morning i was on my way to defense against the dark arts when i felt a tap on my shoulder. I stopped and turned around to find Hazal staring at me.

"About the forest-"

I sighed. "Alright fine! s-since you keep a-asking and begging, w-we shall go t-tonight. M-Meet me in the common r-room after c-curfew."

"Wait really? i finally get to see the creatures?" she said that kind of loudly.

"Shh! Do y-you want to get c-caught before y-you e-ever have the chance t-to meet one creature? There c-could b-be s-someone listening in on this c-conversation r-right now!"

"Sorry..."

"N-Now get t-to c-class before w-we're both l-late a-and get detention!"

*-*

That night came and i slipped into the shadows after all the others fell asleep. I went down to the common room and saw that Hazal wasn't there yet so i stepped out of the shadows and went to the couch to wait. After a few minutes of waiting, she came creeping down the stairs, trying not to make any noise. I got off the couch and walked over to her.

"Are y-you ready?"

"Yeah."

"A-Alright now close your e-eyes."

"Why?"

"Just do it!" I hissed.

"Alright. Alright." she closed her eyes and i grabbed her wrist. i stepped into the shadows and ran with her all the way down to the castle gates. I never thought of bringing someone else into the shadows with me and since i never bothered to try, I didn't know if it would work or not. We got to the gates and I slipped out of the shadows. I could feel how drained I was. Note to self: Bringing someone into the shadows with me will drain a lot of my energy. I caught my breath before speaking to her.

"You c-can open your e-eyes now." she gently opened her eyes and was surprised to find out that we are at the castle gates and not in the common room anymore.

"Wow. How did we end up here so quickly?'

"Don't ask that. come on. we have to sneak around from here." i grabbed her wrist and ran for the forest. Once we got there. I was greeted by a pixie who was eager to see me. A smile came across my face.

"Wow! and who is this?" The pixie became scared and hides in my hair. i reach out and gently hold her in my hands. She was cradling into a ball and was frightened.

"Its a-alright Parra. T-This is my f-friend H-Hazal. She wanted t-to come and see some of t-the creatures in the forest w-with me tonight. She's r-really n-nice and I promise s-she wont hurt you." i looked at Hazal and i felt Parra sit up in my hand. "This i-is Parra. she i-is a pixie and pixies are nice w-when n-not startled. When y-you spoke before I h-hadn't had the c-chance t-to introduce you, so you s-startled her."

Hazal gasped. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to. I don't know anything about pixies yet."

"T-That's alright. Now you know s-something a-about pixies. Would you l-like to hold her?"

"S-Sure"

"Ok. c-cuff y-your hands together." she did what I told her and I held Parra close to my face. "O-Ok Parra. s-she's going to h-hold you now, b-but don't worry, i-i'll make sure s-she d-doesn't harm you ok?" Parra looked at me then at Hazal then back at me and slowly nodded her head. i slowly and gently placed Parra into Hazal's hands. Hazal looked at her and smiled then Parra returned the smile back to her.

"She is actually really cute and her skin is soft, but scaly and i like it. Her wings feel like frail paper with a lot of glitter on it. I love that her skin is a beautiful green and her hair feels like silk." Parra smiled at her the stood up and extended her wings. She flew closer to Hazal's face and gave her cheek a hug then went back into her hand.

i giggled a little. "T-That means s-she likes y-you and your c-compliments. Not many p-people t-think pixies are cute."

"I think they are. This makes me want to study magical creatures more in the future."

"Its l-like I always say: "If you really like s-something then you should m-make it your p-profession." I think you should g-go into magical creatures. I-I'm sure Hagrid w-would love to teach y-you all about t-them. He l-loves t-to teach new p-people about magical c-creatures."

"you really think i should go into it?" I nodded. "Um...alright then. When i get my chance after you graduate, i shall go into magical creature. Thanks for the help Emma."

i gave her a smile. "Anytime. J-Just trying to h-help out a f-friend." We silently smiled at each other for a moment. "Any-Anyway. We should k-keep going and s-see what others we can find i-in here. Here give me P-Parra."

"Ok, but warning. I think she fell asleep in my hand." I looked over her hand and saw that Parra was peacefully asleep. I smiled then cuffed my hands and took Parra into my hands. I gently placed her onto a steady tree branch then we continued to go deeper into the forest. I stopped and took out my wand immediately; pointing it at the darkness. I had heard something around us. 'What is it Emma?"

"We're n-not alone. Take out y-your wand. I know y-you d-don't know anything really, b-but t-that doesn't mean it makes you l-look w-weak and vulnerable." she immediately took out her wand and pointed it at the darkness in the opposite direction like I did. We waited for a moment for something to pop out. Soon enough four hoofs were above us in the air and then they landed on the ground in front of Hazal. i turned around then lowered my wand. Hazal did the same thing and i smiled. it was centaur who smiled back at me.

"What have i told you about trying to scare me every time I come in here?......Firenze."