Chapter five: Snow Day

I creeped around the halls in the shadows until I got to the Gryfindor common room. I slipped in and some students were still awake. Harry had put the potions book into Hermoines face and asked her something.

"Have you ever heard of this spell? Sectumsempa?"

"No I haven't!" She pauses for a moment "And if you had a shred of self respect, you'd hand that book in."

This book must be important to Harry because when Hermoine tired to take it to see who the book use to belong to, he pulled away. He tried coming up with a excuse to not give it to her. Just then a girl with ginger hair took the book while Harry wasn't looking and started backing up when she opens the book.

"Who's the Half-blood prince?" "That's what it says right here." "This book belongs to the half-blood prince"" she then threw the book back to him and he walks away.

The half-blood prince? Wonder who that could be. I slipped out of the common room again and went to the Slythern common room. On my way I saw Snape in his office again so I slipped in. He was sitting at his desk, grading papers so I decided to mess with him a bit. I held out my hand and started messing with his empty viles and some ingredients.

He stood up immediately at the clicking noises of the viles. He let out a sigh.

"Was that necessary, U?"

I let out a small chuckle in my demonic voice. "Just wanted to mess with you for the assignment you gave us. Chimea's are hard to deal with, ya know?"

He sighed. "I know they ar-" I think he made a realization of something. "Your a student in my class? Well this narrows down my investigation."

"You might want to stop your little investigation Severus. You are not to know who I am until he allows it. For now I must get back to my mission."

"I will find out who you are!"

"Why do you even care?!? Why do you want to know who I am so badly?!?"

"I don't trust you, that's why."

I felt my blood boiling. "Well I trust you! Over the years, I have had to deal with so much shit! I will not allow you to get me in trouble just because you don't trust me! I have told you that we are on the same side Severus!"

"Get out of my office this instant!"

"Fine!" I opened my hand and sent a pulse through it, sending him against the wall and drops to the floor. "Don't expect me to come back here. I will not be coming back here or will ever check on you again" He sat up.

"I never asked you to check on me!" I scoffed then stormed out.

*-*

Today was a snow day. I was outside in the courtyard making snow angels. Hazel was building a snowman and everyone else was just having fun in the snow. I made a snow angle the got up and shook the snow out of my hair.

"Y/n? Wanna help me finish building this snowman?"

"O-oh...Um...s-sure." I walked over to her and began helping. We finished the snowman after a few minutes. "He just need eyes and a nose now."

Hazal bent down and got something from off the ground. When she got back up, she showed me some rocks in her hand that would make great eyes and a mouth. She places them onto the snowman. "Now he just needs a nose."

"Hm..." I looked at the ground and found a stick. I picked it up and held it in my hand. I gave her a smile. "Want to see something you'll learn in Transfiguration?" She nodded so I took out my wand then transformed the stick into a carrot. She gasped in awe as I placed it onto the snowman. "The spell won't last long, but it shall hold til the end of the day."

"That was bloody cool!" I gave her a genuine smile this time. She kinda reminds me of Ellie...

"I'll be right back ok? I need to go to the loo." I walked off. On my way to the loo I saw Magonagall, Snape, Harry, Hermoine, and Ron in a room. I peaked around the corner a little so they wouldn't see me.

Snape was holding up a weird looking necklace with his wand. I wasn't sure what was going on and I couldn't hear them so I let go of the post and went somewhere where no one else was so I could slip in the shadows.

I found a small hall and slipped into the shadow that is on the ground. I made my way back into the room where Snape and Magonagall were now looking at the trio. I managed to make my way behind Snape and Magonagall to overhear the conversation.

"That is a very serious accusation Potter." Said Magonagall

"Indeed" said Snape. "Your evidence?"

"I just know" says Harry

"You just...know?"

What was this conversation about? Did I miss something? Just then Magonagall sent the trio back to their dormitories. I stood there in the shadows and wondered what was going on. My curiosity was through the roof. I tried to get a closer look at the necklace, but then Snape looked in my direction. He knew I was here! I immediately hopped from shadow to shadow to get away.

I went back to that hallway that I slipped into the shadows earlier with. I looked around and found no one so I slowly stepped out of the shadows. I fixed my robe and hair.

"So your the one who's been in the shadows all these years watching me?" I gasped and put my head down so he couldn't see the back of my head well. "Turn around so I can see your true face!" I didn't have my mask on me! I looked to the sides of me and saw a dark spot on the wall. "Show me your face now!" I heard his footsteps come closer to me. I then jumped into the shadow and ride all of the shadows to the dormitory where I came out of the shadows on the stairs, marking sure no one sees me. After a few minutes I return to Hazel and we continue to hang out in the courtyard