Chapter twenty-three: Some Secrets Revealed

I find a spot near a weird box thing on top of a table and sit down next to it. I put my knees to my chest and put my arms around them. I let my tears run down my face and cry for hours.

*-*

I sat there in that spot for hours and just cried. I get up and walk over to the middle of the room. I checked around for any signs of life, but only found the dust fairies inside. This is a room where no one can hear you scream and i was glad of that so i let out a huge scream. A Magic pulse shot of of my body (like in frozen if you get the reference) and knocks some of the items down. I then crouched to the floor and screamed once again. I was screaming so much that I didn't hear the door open behind me, but I couldn't stop my scream and it knocked more items over. I stood up and felt my energy almost completely drained to the point that I could barley stand.

"Emma?" I turn around to see McGonagall and Snape looking at me. Their eyes are wide and their faces are full of shock.

"Are you alright dearie?" Asked McGonagall, but before I had the chance to answer her, I felt my knees buckle and my eyes shut as my head hit the floor. The items floating around me fall to the ground, making a lot of noise as some items broke.

*-*

I open my eyes to see the hospital ceiling again. I slowly sat up and everyone was looking at me. I looked around with confusion then I noticed that part of my hand is black. I freaked out as everyone backs away from me. McGonagall looks terrified and Snape's face was full of betrayal. The nurse threw a mirror at me and I caught it. I saw that my hair is black, my eyes are their normal colors and there is a black spot - my original skin color - on my forehead. I realized why Snape looks betrayed. I didn't have enough energy to stay completely in my human form when I collapsed! I shot myself out of the bed and looked at him.

"I c-can explain..." He looks away from me and I can feel my heart shatter more than it already has.

"You have lied to me...Emma..." he didn't say another word and left the room.

"Explain yourself whoever you are!" Demanded McGonagall as she pulls out her wand and points it at me. I sighed and told them that I am a demon from the underworld, but nothing of my mission here. "Why would a demon come to a school for wizards? Are you half demon?"

"Um...." Half demon huh? I could probably play that off. "Yeah...my real name is Y/N Ural, not Emma Harrington and I'm half demon and half wizard...My father wanted me to learn my mothers side of magic so he made sure I got accepted here and in the summer, he teaches me about demonic magic. He knew that I would not be accepted like...Well like this. So he taught me to disguise myself as a human so I could blend in, but i cant stay in this from for much long due to the lack of energy." I had to sit back down on the bed due to using too much energy.

"How does a demon get energy?" asks the nurse

"It depends on the type of demon." Poppy and Mcgnagall look at me puzzled. "You see I'm a blood demon. Meaning I need blood in order to have energy. I used up a lot of energy in the room of requirement."

"Blood? That explains the marks on the students necks throughout the years and the loss of blood from them." Said Poppy

I chuckled nervously. "Sorry...If I don't drink blood every once in a while then I might loose control and attack a random student which can be bad."

"Do you need blood right now?"

"Um...well...if I want to continue to stay in my human form which I think a lot of students and staff find more comfortable then yeah, I do need blood."

McGonagall approached me slowly and pulled up her sleeve then extends her arm out to me. "Ill let you feed off me this one time dear."

"Uh...Are you sure? It does hurt and will leave two marks on your arm for days." She didn't say anything and just stared at me. I then walked up to the side of her arm and grabbed it. My fangs pierced into her skin and I felt her tense up a little then she relaxes again. I didn't take a lot, just enough to return me to my human form. I then move her arm away and back up. I wipe the extra blood off of my face. "Thanks.." I look at the ground.

"Shouldn't you be transforming?"

"It takes a while for the blood to kick in so just give it a few minutes."

*-*

After a few minutes went by, I started slowly changing back to my human from. I looked at my hand as it transformed from my ugly black skin to (your choice) skin. My hair went from black hair to brown hair and I felt my eyes turn to their human brown. I got off the bed again and looked at them both. "Now that you are back to...uh...this form. May i ask why you were in the room of requirement and what was that that we saw when me and Snape arrived?"

"um...my demon powers got out of control and I needed somewhere where I could let it out and not hurt anyone..." It was quiet as they just stared at me again. "Um...I must be going now. I don't have much time left to pack my things for the summer. Could we keep what i am between all of us?" She nodded and i left the wing to pack the rest of my things...even though I have nowhere to go for the summer...