Chapter Sixteen: Sorry Hazal

Once Hagrid got close, he stopped in front of me. "I don't know how long she has sir. She is fading."

"Quickly get her inside the hospital!" Dumbledor said and Hadgrid quickly walked into the hospital then he turned to Slughorn. "Can you make something to counteract the poison?"

"I'd have to know what type of poison it is to make a solution to it."

"Then study it." He turns around and walked into the hospital wing.

Dumbledor looks at me and I look at the ground. "Tell me the full story Emma."

"If I tell you...t-then I might g-get detention..."

"Your both going to get detention for going into the forest anyways."

"Might as well confess everything to us dear." Added Magonagall

I sigh and look up. "O-On the train to go home f-for the break...Hazal w-wanted to see m-my sketchpad so I let her l-look. I drew a lot of m-magical creatures I-in it and she asked a-about them. I told her t-that......that I s-sometimes sneak out of the castle at night a-and go into the f-forest to draw them. She asked I-if I would take her and I s-said no, but s-she wouldn't stop a-asking about it s-so I just said yes s-so she would stop. A-After the b-break was over she kept asking if I would t-take her. I kept telling her n-no for weeks until yesterday w-when I was..." I gave Severus a quick glance before looking at Dumbledore again. "I was o-on my w-way to D-Defense against t-the d-dark a-arts with S-Snape..." I can see Snape's disappointed eyes piercing into my soul. "She s-stopped me and begged a-again. I got a-annoyed s-so I told her I w-would take her t-that night and we well......I didn't mean for this to happen! I swear!" More tears ran down my face.

"It's alright. It's alright. Calm down now. You will be serving detention for two weeks and miss Hogo will be serving one week if she survives."

"O-Ok. I understand sir." I hold my head low, looking at the ground. "May I-I go sit w-with her n-now?"

"Yes go ahead. You are dismissed." I walk passed Dumbledor. I made a quick glance at Snape then hurry into the hospital wing. I saw where Hazal is. The nurse is standing next to her bed talking to Hadgrid who is on the other side of the bed. She notices me and turns her head towards me.

"She is lucky to be alive. I gave her something that will stabilize her until Slughorn makes a antidote."

"Thank you." She and Hadgrid then walk off and I go to her bed side. I actually feel bad for her. I didn't want to get in trouble for this, but I did. As long as Hazal is safe, I'm ok with serving detention. I hold her hand and let tears roll down my face.

"Your not really one to have friends Harrington. What changed that?" I look at where the voice came from. Snape was standing at the end of the bed.

"Why d-do you c-care?"

"You have never had a friend until this year. Just curious as to why?" He walks over and pulls a chair up next to the bed.

"I-..." I stop myself. "That's n-none of your business."

"I was only curious." It was silent for a bit as he stared at me and I looked at Hazal. "Why do you stutter?"

I look at him. "W-what?"

"When you talk. You tend to stutter a lot. I never asked because I thought that it was probably personal."

I sighed. "If you must know...I w-was d-diagnosed with a-a stuttering d-disorder." He looks at me like he made a realization. He goes quiet for a bit.

"Y/n?"

I looked at him puzzled. "W-Who's Y-Y/N professor?" I blocked my mind immediately from him. How did he figure it out?!? Was it something i said?!?

He clears his. "No one...You just reminded me of someone for a few seconds." I continue to look at him puzzled. "Anyways. You should get to classes. You don't want to be late now." He stood up out of his chair

"D-Don't you have t-to teach t-too?"

"Yes. I was on my way on. Perhaps we can walk together?"

"Uh...no t-thanks professor. I need to g-go put on my robes b-before I even go to c-class."

"I could walk to you class so you don't get in trouble."

"Um...o-ok then, I-I guess..."

He walks with me all the way back to the common room. I quickly change into my robes and l go out, where Snape was waiting for me. "Wait." He reaches for my tie and moved it. "You were in such a rush that you didn't fix your tie Harrington."

"Uh...Th-Thanks..." I started walking. I had been good about avoiding him for weeks since Slughorns party, but I have a feeling he wants to talk to me soon...we arrived at my first class. "I'll see you n-next c-class professor...b-bye."

"Before you go...After School...May I talk...to you?"

"Uh...Um......s-sure..." I quickly walk in so I won't have to talk to him anymore.