The 57th Expedition

In the year 850, humanity successfully took back land from the titans for the very first time. At great cost.

One month later, the Scout Regiment, led by Erwin Smith, left Calaneth District to establish a route to Shiganshina, which is believed to house a secret of the titans.

You continued riding on your horse with your squad in a town drowned in rubble and destroyed building "10-METER TITAN AHEAD APPROACHING FROM THE LEFT!" Hange informed "I'm curious to know what's inside its stomach! But I'll let the support squad handle it!".

You looked over at the titan, it had a huge stomach most likely full of humans or it's just the way it was built.

The support squad cadets dodged the titan's swaying arms moving to cut the nape. They sliced it but it wasn't deep enough. They went again as you continued moving forward as a scout shouted forward.

The Commander shot out his arm "Assume long-range scouting formation!" he ordered. "Come on!" you shouted to your squad splitting them up as you scouted alone. You were placed behind the standby section so you were two circles in front of Eren in order to protect him and his squad in the formation. Which was the defense squad and you were right in front of the cart line.

You were right behind Eren and the Special Operations Squad who are placed on the rear of the center rank.

Your ODM gear clanged against your thighs as your horse galloped you then noticed multiple red flares, taking out your flare's handle and reaching out to the pocket of your horse pulling out a red lined metal cylinder you attached them together and fired a flare into the air.

You detached them and put it away the cylinder back into the bag and the flare handle back into your belt.
As it reached the command squad Erwin fired a green flare you platooned towards the direction of the flare to avoid the titan.

You noticed a black flare as it seemed the signalling squad has encountered an an abnormal, they most likely handled it.

You looked over to a yellow flare in the signalling formation and a bunch in the right flank of the spotting squad.

Has the enemy arrived?

You continued forward waiting for any further notice, maybe Erwin has noticed already. You warned your squad members to not attempt to attack the enemy Erwin had warned of before the expedition.

As it continued you noticed a green smoke signal pulling out a green lined cylinder and the flare handle you attached them together again and shot it in the air. The direction was located into Wall Maria's forest.

You trotted towards the direction of the forest. Erwin has a plan... Black signals suddenly made their way you paused to shoot another black smoke signal again towards where the abnormal was.

You were ordered to head inside the forest, galloping inside with the carts you noticed Hange near you. Making your way to a certain part you noticed canons Erwin ordered us to stop and hide nearby.

You hopped off your horse taking it near a tree to avoid it from getting hurt you attached your hook to a nearby branch and flew up blending in with the wood and bark.

You noticed that the only squad of the center rank that wasn't here was the Special Operation Squad. They may be arriving soon or...

No

The titan, the threat. What exactly could it be? The canons were prepared for whatever it was... Could it be a titan? They wouldn't do this all for one titan. Neither would they do it for just an abnormal.

Could it be like Eren? A human clad in a titan body... or were the losses just too severe. The squad should be coming any second now, you stood their with your arms crossed.