Ilse's Notebook

Year 850:
In the year 845 due to the sudden appearance of the Colossal Titan and the Armored Titan, our daily lives crumbled within the wall.

Humanity abandoned Wall Maria, lost 20% of its population and a third of its territory, and was confined behind Wall Rose in one moment. However, humanity had not lost to the Titans just yet.

The Garrison was tasked with guarding the walls, and young recruits were being trained in techniques and knowledge to fight the titans. Around that time, the elite soldiers of the Scouting Legion were attempting once again set food into the territory of titans via Trost District.

You sat outside the gate impatiently waiting for it to open in Trost District. Sitting behind Levi and close to Hange you heard the commander in the front shout "THIRTY SECONDS UNTIL THE GATES ARE OPENED! ALL PERSONNEL, PREPARE TO DEPART!".

"Geez, I'm tired of waiting" Hange sighed leaning their head back.

"Hey, Levi-" they looked over to him being instantly cut off "No." he responded "I haven't even said anything yet" they groaned.

"You want me to help capture a titan with you, right?" he asked staring at the gate "That's a waste of effort. I'll have no part of it".

Hange turned over to Mike "What about you, Mike? Want to give it a go?" they asked hoping he would say yes, sadly but unsurprisingly he shook his head signaling a no.

Sighing Hange uttered "The same old boring answer from the same old boring men, what about you F/N? You're not boring too, are you?" they smiled at you as you looked over

"Sure, uh, I'll help" you agreed glaring at Hange as their expression turned into one of intense excitement.

As the gate began to fully open you heard Erwin in front of you call out again "The 49th Expedition Beyond the Walls begins now! FORWARD!".

You galloped your horse forward outside of Trost district and into Wall Maria noticing Hange in their crazy self speeding out in front of Erwin.

"YAHOO!" they shouted laughing grasping their reins tightly.

"Hange!" Erwin yelled behind them "All you titans out there, I'm on my way to meet you!" Hange exclaimed excitedly blushing continuing onwards smiling happily as their hair rushed through the wind.

--

--

You were inside a tent with Hange next to Erwin trying to help them convince him to let them run some experiments on the titans "Think about it! Erwin!".

"I understand that setting up supply bases takes priority, but uncovering the true nature of the titans has always been our primary objective!" Hange yelled, "I'm sure you're aware of that!".

"Squad Leader... it's probably not a good idea to talk to the Commander in that tone" Moblit muttered trying to calm Hange down.

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" Hange shouted behind them before whipping their head back to Erwin's direction.

"We need to capture a titan alive above anything else! I know that it seems impossible. After all, the last time we took on alive was more than 10 years ago, and more than twenty people died in order to pull it off."

"But we cannot get any intel if we are afraid of making sacrifices!"

"So pay extra attention to our offense and defense" Erwin ordered the soldier ignoring Hange. "Understood" the soldier responded.

"Do we really have to go through this again?" Erwin looked over to Hange "We don't have the manpower to spare for a capture mission!".

"Even getting this far today cost us more than ten men."