Chapter Nineteen

Mikayla had a fun filled weekend with her mother and stepfather. They toured the venue and she was enamored. It had a rustic feel to it, which she loved and since the weather was always consistent and clear in October, Mikayla opted for an outdoor reception. She wasn't sure if her men and in-laws would burn in the chapel and opted for an outdoor ceremony as well.

Marion bought her dress for the wedding and it was stunning. Mikayla saw it at a little boutique and was smitten. She knew her mother was a baddie and wanted to show her off.

It was going to be her special day, but she wanted to take the time to also gas her mother up a bit. She may have been 50, but the way Nathan looked at her in her dress let everyone know she could still get it.

 She may have been 50, but the way Nathan looked at her in her dress let everyone know she could still get it

Mikayla was happy that Nathan nor Marion asked why she was going through menu items without her fiancés. Mikayla wanted to at least get them on the phone for their input, but they hadn't been picking up when she called.

She didn't want to rub any of her marks as it didn't seem like an emergency and instead opted to make choices based on her men herself. "This menu is top tier, Miki. There's something on here for everyone to like. Good job."

Nathan smiled as they sat at a local eatery. They were talking and laughing about what all needed to still be done when she noticed the most beautiful Native American woman looking at her.

There was something about her and due to her mates and the world she was now exposed to, Mikayla was almost certain this woman wasn't human. She focused on her family and dinner, but still felt the gaze of the Native American woman.

When she went to use the bathroom, she wasn't surprised to see the woman standing there waiting for her as she exited the stall. "Hi," she said softly. There was a subtle modesty to her that spoke to Mikayla. "Hi. Can I help you?" Mikayla asked as she dried her hands. The woman gave her a shy smile.

"Your Mikayla Moore, aren't you? Or should I say Mikayla DeVille?" The way she said DeVille made the hairs on her arms stand up. "How do you know that?" In an instant, the woman was in front of her. "It's my job to know all that my cousins are up to." Mikayla's eyes widened.

"You're a virtue." The woman chuckled lightly. "Smart and beautiful. Good to know." She circled Mikayla as if she were prey and it unsettled her. She subtly rubbed her mark on her wrist and was certain Greed would appear and shut this shit down, but he didn't.

"My name's Humility and I have a proposition for you." Mikayla looked at her apprehensively. "Your human and from all that I can gather a good one at that. I can't imagine what Fate was thinking when they mated you to those asshats, but I'm here to offer a way to sever your ties to them."

Mikayla looked at her with suspicious eyes. "There is a way to reject them even after mating and marking. I'm here to offer a solution to your problems." Mikayla's face must have given her away because Humility took two steps back before cocking her head.