XIII

Arlo Curran and Zephyr Palmer walked down the streets of Orlando Florida underneath the bright sunny day, the streets were rather crowded because people were in a rush to get to their destinations. The sky was clear of clouds and it was warm outside, Arlo and Zephyr walked in a straight line to the right side of the sidewalk.

"What are you doing today?" Zephyr asked looking at Arlo who was looking straight ahead at the two people walking in front of them, Arlo thought to himself about what he wanted to do first since he had a busy schedule today.

"I'm going to work first, afterward I'll probably go see a friend, stop by the store, go get money out of the bank, pick up my mail, and shit like that," Arlo said, turning his attention to Zephyr.

"Oh, so you're going to be busy today?" Zephyr asked questionably and disappointedly.

"Yeah, why? What's up?" Arlo asked.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to hang out later," Zephyr said, turning his attention from Arlo to the two individuals walking ahead of them. Those people then crossed the street after looking both ways. Zephyr was now looking at the next three people walking a short distance in front of them.

"Yeah, I should be free around 6:00 pm," Arlo said, "alright this is my job, I'll see you in a bit," he added as they stopped in front of his job, Arlo was a General Dentist.

"Alright, I'll catch you later," Zephyr said as he dapped Arlo up and watched him walk into his job, Zephyr then continued to walk behind the three people in front of him, to catch the bus to go back home, he had an off day of work and decided to take the day off to relax before meeting Arlo later.

"Hi what's up Arlo, how are you doing this evening?" Tristian asked who was one of his coworkers, Tristan then walked over to the front desk where Arlo was signing in.

"Hey man, I've been alright, you know the usual just been busy," Arlo said, finishing writing his name on the sheet of paper then putting the pen down, Arlo and Tristian then walked to Arlo's office where he does his procedures.

"That's good to hear, alright man I'll catch you later, I just wanted to catch you before you headed off to work," Tristian said as they stopped in front of his office. Arlo said his goodbyes and for a quick second watched Tristian walk off before heading into his office, he then opened his office door and closed it behind himself after entering. Tristian then sat in his chair and leaned back momentarily, taking a deep breath, Arlo then sat up and turned on his computer.

"Okay," he said tirelessly, his phone began to ring so he picked up. It was his client coming in for his dental appointment, he then checked his computer to make sure they were scheduled, which they were.

"Alright, you'll be here shortly?" Arlo said, "Okay, I'll be here when you enter," he said after his client told him when he's on his way.

Momentarily afterward the student walked into the floor he was on, it was the third floor of the building, and a young boy who was with his mom walked to the front desk. That was the first thing they saw coming from the elevator. They walked to the front desk and checked in, the lady at the front desk welcomed them and then pointed the mom son to the office Arlo was in.

Her son walked to where he was instructed to go, his mom walked to the back room to wait until the dentist was done with her son's teeth.

"Just go back in there, I'll be with you shortly," Arlo said flatly, pointing into a room where it showed a seat leaning flat down with a light right over it, and next to it was a table with utensils on it. The boy nodded, then walked into the room and laid down on the table staring into the light, but not too long, every few minutes he would look away, around the room.