LIII

Beatrice went to Akira's room first to tell him to come to eat, she walked down the hallway with the creepy room her mom told her to avoid because that was the only way to do it. She was on edge because she hates cutting around corners by virtue of her belief that monsters and demons don't live in the woods but in plain sight, in dark areas, shadows. Even the most beautiful places turn dark during the night.

After she passed by the minatory room she went to Renata's room, she told her to come to eat and then told her to tell the rest of her siblings to come to eat, Renata agreed. Beatrice then walked to the living room, and she saw Alastair sitting there still, when she entered the room he turned his head, he had black eyes with white eye irises, black hair, and a white face, Beatrice jumped at this and stood in shock, she started to breathe heavily as she stared this entity in the eyes, terrified to the core.

"Betty, is everything okay?" Alastair asked, she looked at him and had a realization that she may have just been seeing things. She quickly gathered herself then looked at the paused movie screen, then back to Alastair.

"I'm fit as a fiddle," Beatrice said.

"You sure? You look like you just got the life scared out of you," Alastair said, worriedly.

"I'm sure," Beatrice said, blankly.

"I'm gonna go eat my oatmeal now," she added, she then walked over to the cabinets and pulled out a bowl, there was a scooper already out so she picked it up and then put her bowl down next to the pan. She begin scooping out the oatmeal and putting it into her bowl, when she got her desired amount she kept the scooper in the pan and grabbed her bowl, and walked over to the table.

Renata walked into the living room three minutes after Beatrice had begun eating, she was helping Beatrice get her dirty clothes basket down the steps so that when she gets done eating she can take it down to the basement, she was washing her clothes today so she doesn't procrastinate on it since she does that often.

"Hey dad, are you still staring at that motionless screen?" Renata asked.

"What does it look like Ronette?" Beatrice asked, after she took a bite of oatmeal, she had the sole intent of starting an argument just because she wanted to.

"Kiss my ass," Renata said, her father then faced them.

"Hey, don't talk to your little sister like that, what's wrong with you?" Alastair asked, disappointedly.

"It might be conjectured, I'm just a humble asshole tryna make my way through life," Renata said.

"Significance on the asshole," Beatrice murmured, Renata shifted her attention from her dad to Beatrice.

"You're blessed with good fortune that I wasn't born with enough middle fingers to properly express how I feel right now," Renata said.

"It was your words not mine, can't get mad at me for agreeing," Beatrice said.

"That's enough from both of you, stop arguing and eat your food," he said.

"Yessir, dad are you off of work too?" Beatrice asked. Renata turned around toward the cabinets and then opened it then pulled out a bowl and spoon, she then shut it and faced the stove, she grabbed the scooper with her right hand as her bowl and spoon were in her left. She begins filling her bowl with oatmeal.

"Yes, I go back in two days," he said, by this time Renata finished filling her bowl and walked toward the table to sit down and eat; Beatrice looked at her bowl and saw the sheer amount of fruits she added to her oatmeal.

"Got enough oatmeal for all those fruits?" Beatrice asked.

"Fuck you," Renata said, she immediately looked at her dad with instant regret.