Chapter 24~ Arithmancy

"Amelia I don't know why you torture yourself in such ways, who in their right mind would take Arithmancy when you could just get an easy grade by  taking Divination." Aurora and Amelia were sitting in the library during their free period. They were suppose to be in their dorm relaxing but Amelia had to get her Arithmancy essay finished.

  "Well Aurora I actually happen to like Arithmancy, it fascinates me." Amelia didn't bother looking up at Aurora and decided to keep looking over her paper.

"You wrote that paper the day it was assigned and I know that you've been reading over it ever since, put the paper down you'll do fine!" Aurora huffed and leant back in her chair, sure she did like the library but one can only be in there for so long before get exhausted, unfortunately Aurora couldn't be there as long as Amelia.

"Fine isn't good enough Rory. Now if you're so bored go bother someone else." It came off as blunt but Aurora was pestering her for over 20 minutes now and she was sick and tired of it. She heard another huff come from her side and the chair scraping against the floor.

"I'll see you in transfiguration, have fun staring at that paper." With that she walked out the room, Amelia let out a sigh of relief. Finally some peace and quiet.

She was working for not even 10 minutes before she heard the chair scrape next to her. She didn't bother to look up assuming Aurora was back again, but after 2 minutes of silence she grew curious and looked up.

"What do you want Malfoy." It wasn't a question more of a statement. Sure she was, 'friendly' with him but she still didn't full trust he didn't have something up his sleeve.

"You're so bipolar Amelia, but anyways I saw you sitting alone and thought I'd grace you with my company." Amelia smirked at his words and kept checking over her paper.

"Ah yes, thank you Your Highness for gracing me with your precious I feel so honoured." She had a heavy sarcastic tone to her voice to which Abraxas just smiled.

"So are you excited for our date this weekend?"

"How could I forget, I suppose I'm, mildly excited." Abraxas frowned at her words.

"Say it like you mean it Meilia." She rolled her eyes at the nickname, why did her name have to have so many nickname opportunities.

"Yes I am excited, are you?"  He smirked at her and pushed some of his hair that fell over his face back.

"Of course I'm excited I have a pretty girl to go with"  Amelia was about to answer but then noticed a pair of eyes on her. She saw Paisley glaring at her with her friends. Abraxas seemed to notice her staring and turned around to see what she was looking at.

"Just ignore her, she's just upset I broke up with her, she'll get over it." Amelia felt taken aback about how he played with Paisleys emotions like that. Sure she wasn't Paisleys biggest fan but she didn't deserve that. However instead of speaking out she did what she did best when it comes to these type of things, she stayed quiet and went back to work.

"What are you even working on?" Abraxas had the attention span of a toddler apparently because he just couldn't keep his mouth shut.

"Arithmancy."

"What class do you have next?"

"Arithmancy, speaking of which I need to start going there now." Amelia quickly grabbed her quill and ink and put them into their case careful not the break the delicate quill, and then put her parchment in her bag.

"It appears I have the same class as you which means we can walk together!" Before she could protest he swung his arm over her shoulder and with his left arm grabbed her bag, he then lead them out into the now packed halls.

"I can carry my bag myself thank you." She reached over to grab it but he held it back.

"No can do." She didn't bother protesting and they kept walking until they got to the Arithmancy class, the two walked in when they teacher, Professor Gardenia looked up at the two. The older women gave a pointed look to Abraxas

  "Mr. Malfoy, where are you suppose to be?" Amelia then looked up at him, shrugged his arm off her shoulder and grabbed her bag.

"You're not in this class are you?" He smirked down at her and looked back at the teacher.

"Divination but I wanted to see my favourite professor!" Professor Gardenia raised her eyebrow and pointed to the door, Abraxas left without another word. Amelia let out a breath of relief and sat down at her desk. This was her favourite part of the day, she really liked Arithmancy.

Words: 8
IM BACK FROM THE DEAD, I haven't uploaded since June or July I think so I thought an update was way over due, but here you are I hope you liked it ngl I had to read my previous chapters to tell what the hell was going on but it's all good now. Idk when the next time I update will be but hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

Also thank you so much for 29k reads that's insane and appreciate you guys so much.

Anywhooooo Vote and Comment I love seeing peoples comments!