16. vrylating

"I don't wanna be that kind of guy,
Picture perfect is it worth it that you live a lie,
I don't want to live a day past 29,
Every day I'm growing closer to the day I die."
-Anarbor, Damage I've Done

l.h.

I woke to the smell of coffee and cologne that kind of hurt my nose a little, and I knew just by those two smells who exactly was sitting in the room outside of my bedroom. I was a little nauseous.

"Get out of my house." I mumbled, praying I was loud enough for him to hear.

I heard the creak of one of my island stools from the kitchen, followed by a bit of stumbling until there was a shadowy figure standing in my doorway. The same figure wandered over to the blinds and yanked them open, and I swore my skin sizzled under the heat of the sun. I groaned before pulling a pillow over my head.

"Wakey, wakey, no eggs or bakey, but hot coffee and pastries, motherfucker." Sullivan said, spreading his arms wide in the sunlight and casting a bird-like shadow on the wall across the room.

"Get out of my house." I repeated, quieter this time.

"No." he said blandly, before walking over to my bed and tearing the covers from me. I groaned again. I was still in my clothes from last night. "We're doing something fun today."

I curled into the fetal position, burying my face in my pillow. "No."

I heard the light pad of footsteps against the carpet from where Sully was standing. He pulled the pillow from under me, leaving me laying helplessly in a barren bed.

I flailed against the mattress to express my anger. Sully just laughed.

"Come on. Don't be a downer." he said. I didn't respond. "You've got breakfast to eat, pills to pop, and hair to quiff. Hop to it, Hemmo." he patted my shoulder rather hard.

I groaned in frustration for the umpteenth time that morning, before finally pushing myself to get up out of bed.

I opted not to fix my hair or even pull a beanie over it; I didn't even change my clothes. Although I'd gone to sleep fairly earlier the night prior, I still felt like I could've slept another hundred years or so; not go do whatever the hell Sully had planned for me.

I plopped myself down on one of the island stools across from Sully, that overbearing cologne of his invading my nasal passages and eliciting a loud huff and wrinkle of my nose.

I sipped on a cup of a coffee, ignoring the fact that it scalded my throat when I did. Sully leaned on the counter across from me, coughing to gain my attention. He was smiling.

"So, buddy, I heard there were some issues last night, yeah?" he asked. I could almost taste his patronizing tone, but I didn't have it in me to bring it up. I just stared at him blankly instead.

He sighed. He reached into his jeans' pocket and pulled out the bottle colored that disgustingly vibrant, vomit-like orange color, before twisting the cap open and placing one in front of me.

"If you're not going to take them on your own," he paused, looking at me very intently but with a hint of caution, "then I will force them down your throat if I have to."

I stared him down for a moment, hoping deep down that he'd let off a bit, but he glared back just as heavily.

I decided I didn't want to take my chances.

I picked up the pill angrily while still glaring at him, before popping it in my mouth and swallow it with a swig of coffee. He smiled a very shit-eating grin at that.