Chapter Thirteen

Fae had a dream that night. Had dreamed of a brave Eevee with a ghostly form. He claimed his name was Orion. He had a talk with her.

He told her that she had a bigger role in this than she thought, which made her confused. A bigger role in what? For now, however, the Eeveelutions and Eevee were preparing for the journey ahead. Eon told them it would still takes hours before they could reach the Starter Squad for help with Fae's training.

Eon seemed on edge about it. He must really want me to become stronger, Fae thought. Fiercely, she collected herself. I will become stronger for him. He's gone a long way to find me out there. I must help him. He's possibly one of the only family I feel connected to that hasn't left me.

Fae glared at her sister. She still had a slight grudge against her sister for leaving her alone and without a sister who was willing to help her. All her other siblings weren't really willing to stick close to her like Neri was. They was just no one who could compare to her strict, yet gentle manor.

Neri noticed her glare and gave her a questioning gaze backwards that showed no guilt. Wasn't like she would be guilty anyways.

The snow that had been on the ground where she had lived hadn't reached this area yet. Or at least the intensity of it wasn't so severe. She could walk on the light coverings of snow. The brisk, chilly air nipping at her paws she and her family quickly padded outside.

Fae wasn't looking forward to the walk. Bravely, she followed Eon outside, listening to the cries of Kricketot and Starly as they loudly made cries to wake up everyone in the forest.

Fae shivered slightly. She wasn't used to all the sounds. They were loud and made her heart jump whenever a new sound joined in. It wasn't like back at home. It was more quiet there.

The journey to the Starter Squad would take hours. I wonder if we will have time to stop and eat. Fae could feel her paws beginning to ache, and they haven't even started.

"Alright. Is everyone ready to make the journey?" Eon commented, brushing his furry pelt against Fae. Fae glanced at the ground. She couldn't do it. She knew that much. How could such a weak and pathetic Pokémon like her be born to such a strong 'Mon like Izar?

Fae puffed out her chest. She's as ready as she can at this point. The snow was cold, and her toes were already about to fall off; however she wouldn't give up on giving herself a "better life." She didn't even know what a better life would look like. The life with her mother and father was all she knew. Now she was "free" to make her own decisions, but what does making your own decisions even look like?

Is being free the ability to decide whether you want to have someone in your life? Do I even want Neri back into my life? Do I want Eon back either? Those were the questions here. These two have been out of her life for years—or at least Eon had. How could she accept either of them when they were so different from her?

Was a new perspective even a good idea? Her mother's teachings came back to her head. She recalled the countless bodies in wars and in that adoptive center; Or imagine them at least.

So many countless lives have been wasted all because of one scientist. She had a life. They didn't. They never even had a chance to know Neri or Eon. I do. Maybe I should let them in my life. I can't keep doing this.

"Fae! Are you coming?" Neri asked blinking at her with confusion. "Is something the matter?"

Fae felt the world on her shoulders. She had to do this. That Eevee wouldn't have shown up in her dreams and told her she had a big role for nothing. She gulped as she met eyes with her bold sister. A simple nod.