Chapter Twenty-Two

Today's the day! Fae jolted up with excitement, her tail swishing to and fro as she bounced out of bed—she actually fell. She sprinted to the door of the Normal type modeled room, and thrusted the door wide open.

A Chansey stopped in shock at her outburst. "Today's the day!" She cheerfully told the healer pokemon. The Chansey smiled warmly at her. "Today's the day, eh? Well, I'm going to miss our lovely chats. It's been a wonderful month with you here, Fae. You're a good Vee. It's too bad Paarthurnax doesn't let Eevee join the squad like with Pikachu...but hey, that's not what you were here for anyways." The Chansey remarked as she held out an egg to Fae.

Fae took it gratefully. "Thank you! I'll miss you too. It's been fun here! You guys are a real blast!" The Chansey flushed. She waved her off. "Oh stop it." She then giggled.

"Anyways, I hope you well on whatever adventure you decide to take." The Chansey commended. Fae smiled brightly, glowing with happiness. "Thank you! And I wish you well with the job. It sure seems hard to help others heal. You must be a real pro!" Fae complimented. The Chansey grinned. "Well, I'm the best in the business after all. Well, after Audino of course." Chansey remarked praisingly.

After that, the two parted ways with only a goodbye and Fae walked down the hallway approaching the left side of the center of the Headquarters. She and her family had been separated based on their typing. This greatly confused Fae. Why would someone need to be separated based on their type. She found that awfully racist for a squad who seemed willing to help those in need.

The middle of the Squad wasn't nearly as popping in the morning as it was in the middle of the day. She assumed most members were on missions or just sleeping still. Oddly enough, she found that unprofessional of a place to help others. It was like they prioritized themselves over others and glorified their own name above all else.

Fae approached a shiny Charmander who was talking to a shiny Cyndaquil; the fire-mouse pokemon seemed to be blushing shyly. "Good morning, Vesuvius!" She greeted the Charmander.

The yellow lizard spun around. His friend jumped in shock and fear. "Oh goodness! You spooked me, Evolution Pokemon." The white Cyndaquil remarked oddly. He was definitely a timid Pokemon. Quite unlike the other Cyndaquil even half his age.

The lizard smiled widely and friendly. "Good morning, Fae. How'd you sleep?" The Charmander questions her with his tail blazing brighter in anticipation.

Fae grinned.

"I slept well. Today's the day!" She brightly cheered, throwing her paws carelessly in the air.

The shiny Charmander's eyes widened. "That's right. Today's the day!" Vesuvius exclaimed in equal excitement as the white Eevee. The whitish Cyndaquil nearby seemed confused.

"Today's the day?" He questioned. "Today's what day? It's Thursday." He informed. The shiny Charmander nodded. "Yes, that's right. It is Thursday; but today, newbie, is a very special day for our Eevee friend right here." Vesuvius remarked as he pointed with both of his paws towards Fae.

She puffed out her chest. It was surely going to be a good day indeed.

The shiny Cyndaquil was still confused. A shiny Torchic approached them with a giddy smile on her face. "Toka, that's the shiny Eevee that's been here. She's been training to go on an adventure, and today she can finally leave to go on it. She was a pretty pathetic Pokemon when she got here," the shiny Torchic informed.

Fae deadpanned. She wasn't really that weak was she? She was strong! She had her mother's blood. She wasn't pathetic!

The shiny Torchic gasped in realization. "I'm so sorry, Fae! I didn't mean—" Fae roughly shoved a paw in her face to halt her speaking. "Let's not talk about it. I've learned moves. I'm no longer quote on quote 'a pathetic Pokemon.' Anyways, who is this, Cearc?"