Chapter Twenty-Four

This was the second time Fae had been kidnapped, and both times the Pokémon didn't seem evil. These guys even less than Skliros. She watched as the Fuecoco now known as Timsah fumbled with a bag.

The bandits had already raided the bags they had. They had been very disappointed with Fae's bag, which had been filled up with pretty rocks and the note that Hericius had given her to remember the address of the HQ. They were also disappointed with Eon's bag, which had his sunglasses in them.

It seems they weren't looking for things to sell, rather things to eat or possibly the money that they took out of Fergus and Neri's bags. Either way, they haven't done much since then. They had been feeding the captives, which couldn't be helping them as bandits since they themselves were obviously poor and starving.

Somehow, though, they managed.

Fae learned since then the little Totodile who was called Kawai had a huge crush on his boss. Which would explain why he let her hit him—or perhaps that didn't explain anything. He wouldn't stop blabbing to Fae about it. Fae wished he would stop. There was only so much of his talking she could handle. She could understand why the other bandits got pissed off at the little guy. He could be a little much.

Fae wondered what was in Timsah's bag this time. It seemed to be filled with something. The Fuecoco opened the bag and spilled the contents with irritation at how hard she had to shake it in order to get all the contents out. She sure was a hasty female.

Fae and her family had tried to escape several times. Nothing really seemed to work. It was usually Denali who saw them and alerted Timsah before any of them could escape. The string shots that bound them weren't the most toughest thing to get out of, however they made them slow. That was what got them caught.

Fae didn't understand why these Pokémon kept them. They were kidnapped, sure, but why keep them if they had what was in their bags? It didn't make any sense. And of course, none of the Pokémon in her family had any solid plans.

At this rate, Fae would be satisfied with the Luxray coming to her rescue. At least someone would be doing something around here.

The Totodile nearby was pacing back and forth for whatever reason. "Uhm, Ma'am?" He began, lifting a finger. He gulped. The Fuecoco sighed and spun around in slight annoyance. "What is it, Kawai?" She huffed, putting her paws on her waist. "I might have been seen by someone..." he vaguely stated as his glance turned towards the ground.

Outraged, the Fuecoco screamed at him, and punched him. Kawai yelped as he fell backwards. "Sorry! I didn't mean to be seen! Wanna know what's even worse?" He asked, digging his own grave even further.

The Fuecoco snarled at him. "What...did...you...do?!" She roared as she punched the ground near him. She surely had anger issues. A hasty Pokémon to begin with, and a Pokémon with anger issues. Not a good combo.

"I'm sorry! She followed me!" The Totodile wailed as he burst into tears.

Timsah groaned.

"Who followed you? A member of the Eevee Squad? Starter? Who?" Timsah demanded as fire developed inside her maw.

The smaller Totodile started to shiver. "It—it was a really pretty fellow, might I tell you!" He started with a wail.

Okay, how many girls does this dude develop a crush on without much thought? Fae wondered. She had learned that her sister was dating Fergus and that romance existed thanks to Hericius.

She didn't even know what kind of Golem she was living on until then. Her own parents were married, yet she didn't understand relationships. Then again, she didn't think much of them anyways. She wasn't really interested in dating, nor had she seen the appeal in dating a guy anyways.