Chapter Thirty-One

The two entered the dungeon where Zen would reside. The two had a nice chat beforehand. Lazarus informed her if his dungeon was easy, then perhaps Zen's would be as well.

Unfortunately, things went differently. The Pokémon here were really aggressive and defensive. What happened here to make these Pokémon aggressive? They were all riled up, although they seemed smart enough to know these two were outsiders. However, the Pokémon in this dungeon weren't as atoned to helping outsiders or leaving them alone.

They didn't even recognize the Zacian when they fought the two and got defeated. Fae thought it would be a good idea to show Lazarus what she was capable of.

She never showed Corvus her ability to shift between Run Away and Adaptability. She never got the chance to. Then again, Eon wanted to keep it a secret and show it only to those they trusted the most.

Fae thought that perhaps Lazarus could be of use to her. Maybe this Pokémon—this legendary could help her solve the tribal problems that graced her recently.

It was certainly worth a shot.

Fae quickly used Shadow Ball on a nearby Shuckle. The attack barely weakened it. She wasn't super strong, but she did what she could to help Lazarus out. She was very good at being a meat shield that's for certain.

The Shuckle screeched loudly as she used Rock Throw on Fae. Fae used Quick Attack to dodge the singular rock that was being thrown at her.

Panting, Fae watched as Lazarus took his turn and he changed form. He usually did this only in battle, deciding to have his more exposed form out as they were walking. When Fae asked about it, he remarked how the sword put on heavy armor, and that he had to carry both the sword and the armor as he battled.

This made him much slower, yet he was more powerful than in his normal form as a warrior.

Lazarus lifted up the heavy sword. The sword changed drastically into an even larger sword, and he slashed the Shuckle to bits with the move he called Behemoth Blade. It was definitely foreign to Fae and this Shuckle who's eyes widened in shock before fainting to the attack.

Lazarus explained that this move was a key move in taking out a former enemy of his they called the Darkest Day: Eternatus.

The two moved on to the next floor as the other Pokémon weren't as high level as the Shuckle.

The next floor wasn't as easy as this one. There was a Steelix on this level who was far more aggressive and seemed primal in nature. His eyes glowed a deathly red and seemed far larger than any other Steelix in the level. This level seemed to be swarmed with Steelix and Onix of all kinds.

The Steelix noticed them instantly, roaring with such strange sounds Fae wasn't even sure if he was speaking a language. It was so barbaric. The battle began, but neither Fae nor Lazarus could begin. The Steelix held them back with such moves Fae never seen before.

When they woke up, Lazarus even confirmed he had no idea what kind of move it was. It seemed way stronger than anything else he encountered. It wasn't just the strength. This Steelix seemed way faster and took at least three turns for each one the two of them took.

But they had to press on anyways. Zen was waiting for them at the bottom of this triangle dungeon they seemed to be finding themselves at. Who knows if he was sleeping or just waiting for someone to come to him to help him out.

The two traveled back into the cave, making it farther this time. However, much like the first time with the Steelix, there was a Pokémon in their way. This time it was a Blissey. She didn't seem to care she was injuring Pokemon either. Most Blissey were nice and gentle creatures. One wouldn't expect such healers to go ballistic on them.