Chapter Eighteen

The party went well, and everyone went to bed for the night. The members of the squad walked to their respective rooms and area, and Fae joined her brother, sister, and Mauve.

Eon gazed at her with pride. "Now, do you think you have what it takes to learn tackle? Mastering Bite is a huge step, however. If you're ever faced in a battle with a ghost type or in any sort of danger, you at least have Bite. However, you still have a fighting type disadvantage."

Fae nodded. She knew that having a huge fighting type weakness was bad. Neither normal moves or dark moves would be as effective against a fighting type if she were to face one.

How would I learn a Psychic type move, though? Fae wondered. She wasn't even certain she could learn anything for that weakness. Maybe I'll just have to evolve into Espeon or Sylveon in order to have the advantage. She pondered. Or have Shadow Ball.

Her brother helped her get through the mob of Starters, opening the door to the office of the shiny Charizard Paarthurnax. He was in there sorting through papers and grumbling to himself about something. Was there something bothering him? Was it villains?

"Fae has successfully mastered Bite," Eon informed the distracted leader. The distracted Pokémon was still mumbling incoherently as he looked at Eon before breaking his frown into a grin. "That's wonderful," he seemingly grumbled. "But I'm busy. You can come back later. Glad to hear you're training's going well, but I have other priorities at the moment. My apologies."

Paarthurnax flicked a clawed paw their way before going back to his work, his tail swishing back and forth as he tried to work. Wonder what he's working on, Fae wondered as Eon dipped his head.

"Of course, Paarthurnax. We'll leave you to your work." Eon responded. He flicked his tail towards the door. "Come on, guys. Let's leave him to his work. We can celebrate Fae's major accomplishments together." Eon flicked Fae's face with his tail as the five Pokémon one by one walked out the door.

"So, Fae, what would you like to do to celebrate? We could go get Pokepuffs over at the cafe." Fergus suggested, flicking his purple split tail tip in excitement.

Neri rolled her eyes, smiling at her boyfriend's excitable tone. "If Fae wants to go somewhere to get desert we can, however, it's up to her not you." Neri broke the news. Fergus' tail dropped.

"Aww," he whined slightly. "I wanted Pokepuffs."

He turned towards Fae. "Come on, Fae! Give in! I want to eat pokepuffs!" He exclaimed with fake tears. The pressure was on with Fergus.

"Uhm," Fae began, feeling the wheelchaired Espeon pad closer to her with pleading eyes. The pressure to decide felt really extreme. Was it really necessary for Fergus to make this harder for her? She wanted to eat something sweet, she knew that much—however she wasn't sure what they should get to celebrate. Her mother usually decided this stuff for her.

Fae shook her head. Her mother wasn't here. She was dead! She would have to decide for herself what she was going to do.

"I think we should get something else, sorry, Fergus. I do think desert sounds great, but I don't really want Pokepuffs at this time. Perhaps some ice cream?" Fae suggested. Fergus seemed slightly disappointed, but smiled softly anyways.

"Of course, Fae. We can get ice cream! As long as it's sweet!" The Espeon exclaimed before the street lights turned on. It was night time and the sky had turned dark around the time that Fae and Hericius went inside to start partying. "Come on guys!" Fergus exclaimed as he and Mauve raced over to an ice cream shop nearby. It was rubbed by a Vanilluxe.

Eon began to follow them, but paused and closed his eyes. It was a weird thing for Fae to see. Her brother just up and stopped. His rings glowed pink briefly and it seemed the pink glow could be seen from within his eye lids. His body seemingly shook for a brief moment before he opened his eyes, looking at Fae with a sort of fierce determination.