SS Short Stories : An Interesting Kouhai

1st April

Horikita Manabu PoV

The first day of my last year here in Advanced Nurturing High School.

The newly enrolled first years would enter this school as most of them probably expecting to graduate with the highest acceptance rate, but as from my own insights that certainly wasn't the whole truth.

When my homeroom teacher explained
the point system for the first time, I was
ashamed to say that I didn't suspect a
single thing about the S-system, well at
least not the first week and half. But of course, just because I didn't have any doubts about the system, doesn't mean I spent all my money instantly. So mostly luck had big involvement in my enlightening as I knew the benefits of saving and how spending could lead to bad habits that could affect me once I graduated from this school. But week by week I was starting to notice some strange things.

First, when I was grocery shopping, I noticed some things were sold for free. Why would the school give out free items when we were given an allowance of 100,000yen every month.? This is where my suspicions started.

Second, I observed my classmate's
behavior during lessons. Most of them were mostly well behaved but they would talk with their friends while the teacher was giving us a lecture once in a while, sometimes even openly. Yet, the teacher never seemed to care about it, and unlike any other normal teacher, he simply just let it be.

Third, I saw that some upperclassmen
were eating the free vegetable meals instead of the usual deluxe meal or any other food tray with meat on it. I noticed that most of them either came from class D or class C.

With all the information I gathered,
I quickly encouraged my class to be
on their best behavior. Most of them
complied, though some of them didn't
agree with me and continued to do as
they pleased. When the next month came, we as class A were able to save around 800+ cp. I was glad that our behavior had not been the self-destruction of our class.

Looking back at the past, I have grown
greatly compared to the person I was two years ago. I had made new allies, new friends, lost people, and now I would start my third and final year of this school being the reigning student council president.

If I had to say, my biggest regret would be appointing Nagumo Miyabi as Vice President. When I was a second-year running for student council president, Nagumo shocked everyone on how bold he was declaring he was running for president considering he was only a first-year at the time. We had different ideals but the same goal towards improving the school system. When the election was over, I had won most of the student body votes, but it wasn't one sided.

I acknowledged his leadership skills
since he was able to lead his class to class A despite being placed in a lower class. I acknowledged his intelligence and cunningness to devise strategies and his charisma which got him so many votes in the first place. I chose him as my Vice President hoping I could change his way of thinking and bring him to my side so when I leave this school, I would know that there would be someone who would continue what I've built and continue to progress the school while upholding traditional values, but alas, Nagumo never changed.

He wanted to turn this school into a true
Meritocracy where only people he deem
worthy would be transferred into class
A erasing all competition. His influence
in the student council also did not go
unnoticed as he manage to convince the
higher-ups to implement the OAA app
or the overall abilities app.

It is an app where displays each student's abilities assessment. It is based on school results in which if any student's overall ability score gets lower than the certain baseline, they will receive a penalty. It will introduced from 1st May based on the data recorded till date.