vii.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
act two━━ seven
. · 。゚୧ ⋆. DO IT! NOW!₊˚.༄

━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━

━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━

Reece's head was on peter's shoulder, admiring the sunset, but peter's eyes were on her. his girl. the soft smile he wore never leaving his face until he sensed was something off. he looked behind him and tapped reece's leg.

"hm?" she looked up at him, seeing that his attention was on the flickering lights all over town. it was a city-wide blackout.

"what the hell is that?" he muttered, standing up. he grabbed reece's hand and stood her up as well, wrapping an arm around her waist so she wouldn't fall from the top of the bridge. the power grid that was across from them started to explode, the electricity crackling and spitting sparks.

"you don't think it's max, do you?" reece asked, clutching onto peter a bit tighter. in the center of the power grid, max appeared, charged up more than he's ever been before. "oh, it is max."

"he must've cut the power to the whole city." peter said. he really did not want to protect and serve right now. i mean, for god's sake, i just told the girl of my dreams that i loved her and now i have to fight sparkles? great.

        the couple watched as more and more buildings started to lose power, sparks flying from every which way. reece sighed, knowing peter would have to fight electro again. she just never wanted to see him get hurt. she worried about him so much, always wondering if he was going to make it home another night. he always did, but reece's mind could never stop spiraling.

"there's got to be some kind of blackout plan, right? some kind of backup?" peter asked, a lightbulb went off in reece's head.

"there's an emergency reset at the power plant." she stated, looking up at peter who nodded. "if he cuts the transition lines, they're never gonna get this back up."

"how am i gonna stop him?" he took his eyes off the city to look at her. "every time i get close to him, he fries my web shooters."

"okay, have you tried grounding them?" the girl asked, peter nodded.

"yeah, i tried everything." he sighed. "rubber, plastic—"

"did you try magnetizing them?" peter's eyes lit up in curiosity. "remember— well, i moved here when i was fifteen, but in my eighth-grade science class if you magnetize a nail with a battery—"

"it holds an electric charge." he finished for her and she nodded with a smile. "alright, let's go."

"go where—" she grunted as he tightened his grip and jumped from the bridge, shooting a web and beginning to swing through the city.