Chapter 5

When Dream stuck his tongue back out at George he knew the Dream the knows and loves is back as he giggled, taking a sip of his hot chocolate. Dream mirrors his actions, taking a sip of his own drink before smiling back up at George. 

"How was your sleep?" Dream questions as he sits back and tries to relax into the conversation. 

"It was alright." George can't help but giggle about the stupid small talk that has been placed on top of them. It never happened much between them, small talk. They always had something to say or talk about, even if it was the same thing over and over again, it was never awkward so he knew today would be different even if he liked that fact or not. "Why valentines day?" 

"Why not valentines day?" Dream inquires defensively as he ruffles his hand through his golden hair, both in having something to do with his hands and to get the hair out of his face. 

"You know I don't like today." George says bashfully, taking a sip to hide his face. 

"So lets make it better." The blond continues encouragingly. "Bad days don't have to stay bad days."

George sits back in his seat and continues to hide, this time he smiles behind his cup as he thinks about Dream's proposition. Maybe it could be better than previous years and he could make it better. He literally left his old life behind when he moved from London to live with his two idiot best friends so what's the harm in trying again. 

The golden speckled eyes pier at George as he contemplates, although he has already made his decision when he found the message on their fridge, but he takes his time to admire his counterpart. The tanned skin with darker freckles that were kissed against his flushed cheek bones. His hair looks more put together today as it is sculpted to the side with careful hands with some kind of product as the golden hair falls perfectly above his ears. Dream wraps his hand around his drink and takes a sip, feeling bashful under George's gaze but George enjoys the way he could tease those kind of emotions out of the taller. 

"Do you promise to make it a better fourteenth?" George finally questions as he puts his cup down, grabbing the pastry instead. Bringing his other hand out to the other with his pinky out.

"Of course. I mean it is me after all." Dream quips dramatically bringing his pinky to connect with the brunet's in confidence that makes George scoff and fake regret his decision before laughing.

"You're an idiot." George says in defence which makes the blond smile even wider. 

"Only for you." He says making kissy lips to the other.

George unconsciously flushes at the simple action that Dream has done hundreds of times before. No matter how many times that big lug pulls stupid shit like this it always makes his heart feel warm. But although his emotions are this way he tries to keep his composure, at least in front of Dream.

"Yeah, okay I'm gonna go." He says teasingly and starts to stand up, only for a firm hand to grasp his to sit him back down.  "Awh, miss me already? I haven't even left yet." He coos. 

It is Dream turn to scoff as he looks up at George, keeping a hold on his hand subconsciously as George sits back down.

"I just want to make sure today is amazing for you." Dream states as he sees George settle again. "Perfect even." 

One of George's eyebrow raises in questioning but he keeps his mouth closed as he watches Dream's movements. His face expresses confidence but his body language shows that he is nervous as his other arm lays across his chest in hiding and his leg bounces under the table. George almost feels pitiful for him but he knows that Dream wouldn't have it.

"What do you have planned?" George finally questions. 

"Don't want to spoil the surprise obviously. But, I can tell you that we are going to be out all day."

George dramatically groans before munching down on his croissant like a toddler which gives Dream the giggles as he looks at the man-child in front of him. He would never give George up for the world. 

George couldn't play mad for long as he listened to the found giggles coming out of the other, and in that moment it was confirmed. This, moving from London, across an ocean and saying yes to the day that is planned. This was the best decision he has ever made.