Chapter 9

George slowly stared to calm down as he moved away from the blond's warm hold. As he looked up into the golden eyes he has grown to welcome into his life, he smiled, feeling comfort and warmth in them immediately. 

"Thank you." He mumbles as he looks back at the waves, trying to completely feel back to normal. He didn't know he would ever mention that story again from when it happened all those years ago, but now it feels like I'm actually ready to let it go and try again. Something new, something that I know won't hurt me. Someone I can trust.

"Of course, George." Dream wraps his arm around George to comfort but George giggles and shrugged the arm off, silently telling Dream that he was alright. 

"So, why the beach?" 

"What do you mean?" Dream inquires, confused what he was talking about.

George rolled his eyes and tries again. "Why did you decide to bring me to the beach of all places today?" 

Dream didn't even hesitate to respond. "Because I know you love the sun, and you missed it a lot in the UK due to time zones and whatnot. This is the best place to see the sun at this time of day."

"Oh." George flushed red as he took in Dream's words. It is a simple explanation but it felt comforting to know he was completely right, he has missed the sun while in London and have been grateful ever since he moved here that he would see it more, even if it did come with imminence heat.

"I do, however, have another place to go now if you'd like?" Dream questioned looking over to the brunet that looked back at him. 

"Why not?" He shrugs. "Do I get to know this time or is it kidnapping 2.0?" 

Dream rolls his eyes and playfully shoves George's arm as George giggles to himself. "Oh whatever. And yes you can see this time."

George laughed and got up, quickly helping Dream pack the leftover snacks into the cooler and bring the rest of the bags to the car before going to change into his regular clothes again. He was curious where Dream would be taking him this time but let that question stay in his mind knowing that no matter where Dream would bring him he was sure he would like it. 

Driving back into the city it was full of laughter and quick conversations about new ideas for streams or videos, talking about fans and Twitter, and many other random topics that come with the necessary amount of playful flirting with one another.

Music played softly on the radio while the wind raked through their hair as they left the windows down on the freeway for a while, enjoying how it felt with their hair flying around in the wind. 

It wasn't too long until they were back in the city, George trying hard to recognise where they were but alas,  no fucking clue which led him to wonder. Would they go out again and explore the city? He knew it was hard due to how easily they would be recognised but he wanted to truly explore Florida, not as Georgenotfound but as George. A random person enjoying their day with his best friend in the city. He wished he could quickly just turn off his youtuber status whenever he went out sometimes.

Before George could register Dream was getting out of the car saying "I'll just be two minutes" and closing the door. He watched Dream walk into the building and smiled, it was an ice cream shop. 

And like Dream said he didn't take too long to get what he wanted and come back to the car where George was waiting with a smile seeing both their favourite ice cream flavors sitting perfectly in two bowls.

When Dream got into the car, he smiled and passed the chocolate one to George who was giving the blond a cheesy wide smile in return before taking a spoonful of his ice cream, humming as the flavor was strong on his tongue. If there was one thing America did right it was ice cream and burgers. 

Dream didn't start eating his however as he turned the car back into drive and continued down the road for a few minutes before parking again. 

"Why are we at a high school Dream?" George asks like being here is the stupidest thing ever. Which it kind of was since they both haven't been to school, let alone high school for years now.

Dream grabbed his ice cream out of the cup holder and opened his door before answering. "Come with me and find out." 

George rolled his eyes but got out anyways and followed Dream to the back of the school before finding a ladder connected to the building and climbing up it. 

"Are we really gonna climb on top of a school?" George questions as Dream is already half way up the ladder. 

"Why not?" Dream questioned in defence. 

"I don't know isn't this illegal or something?" 

"You're an idiot George you know that?" Dream said looking back before getting all the way up. "Plus we won't be here long anyways, I just wanna tell you something."

George gives in and climbs up, only using one hand like Dream to hold the ice cream cup in the other. When he got to the top Dream grabbed his hand and helped him the rest of the way and brought them over to the edge of the school, sitting on the ledge, telling George to do the same. 

"I'm guessing this was your high school when you were younger?" George questions as he gets settled in a spot he knew he wouldn't fall in. 

"Yup." He pops the 'p'. "Not the best place but hey, I was able to get my parents to home school me in the end so it could have been worse." He explains eating a spoon full of his vanilla ice cream.

"What happened back then? If you don't mind me asking of course." George questions as he looks at the neighbourhood that surrounds the school, it was quaint with the generic same houses in different colours around the block.

He didn't want to put too much pressure into Dream answering since he knew it was a sensitive topic to the other as he always skipped past the topic in the past when it was mentioned. 

"Eh, it's not that interesting really. I wasn't doing too well at school already 'cause of the ADHD and then when people found out that I liked guys as well as girls it didn't really go well. Constant teasing and names which at the time killed me, and so I left." He explains in a rush. "I'll spare you the details, but it just wasn't a very welcoming place, for anyone really."

George looks over to Dream, whose smile deteriorated as he spoke and as silence grew between them, George not knowing that to say next. 

"That sucks." George eventually says. This makes Dream start to cackle. 

"That sucks? Really? No shit it sucked." He spoke through laughter before calming down."Yeah no, I was too traumatised to go back to school and begged my parents to let me do home schooling and after weeks they let me. Reluctantly sure, but they let me."

"Yeah I was right, that sucks." George says again, this time a quirk in his smile as he laughed along with Dream, glad they could talk about it.