Chpt. 6

So in chapitre trois James told Sirius and Remus, Peter was held back because Evans wanted to talk to him, what did they talk about?

Peter was never really good with surprises, so when Evans pulled him aside and sent James on to the dorm he couldn't help but be a bit anxious about what she was going to say.

She led him to a passageway and she sat down on the couch, she fiddled with Remus's hand knitted blanket.

"What's-what do you need"? He asked, he didn't sit down, he knew what her and Thatcher (the Ravenclaw) had did on it.

"I know James told you about what happened and I really do like him-I just, I should probably be saying this to Sirius but-", a stroke of Gryffindorness hit Peter.

"Don't apologize to me Evans, James was really hurt, he actually liked you and yes he could be annoying but there was no reason for you to cheat. There's never a justified reason to cheat on someone".

He said it firmly and she sniffled, "I don't want to be mean to you, but if you want to apologize right you can't list thousands of reasons that will never justify what you did. Your going to have to admit what you did and apologize, he'll probably ask why, tell him the truth".

She sighed, "I cheated and I don't have a reason why" she said solemnly and he nodded "that's fine-not the cheating, but yeah. James will move on...has moved on I think" she smiled up at him sadly.

"Yeah" he nodded and he turned to leave, "thank you Peter" she said it softly and he didn't pause to acknowledge her.

He walked for a while, deciding whether or not to tell James but he decided not too, because it would only hurt him more.

Peter was a good friend.