harukyu | mocha and caramel

italic – flashback

—————————————

“One mocha frappe and one caramel macchiato” Haruto jotted down the customer's order on a piece of paper before tapping buttons on the machine.

“That would be t— oh.” he was cut off when the customer in front of him handed a ten dollar bill making it look like the man already knew the total, like a regular who always buys the same thing, their fingers briskly touching each other's creating static only one noticed.

“Please wait at the side for your drinks.” he smiled before turning his back and making the drinks the man ordered.

“Excuse me?” a high pitched voice came out of nowhere causing his shoulders to jump in shock, he looked back and saw a female who looked like she is in her late 40's. She was holding a half-filled cup on her right hand while the other was holding a single strand of a long brown hair.

“Yes? How may I help you?” he wiped both of his hands on the apron he wore before tending to the lady.

“I found this strand of hair on my drink, this is clearly not mine and I would like a refund for this. I could've choked on this if I had not found it.” Haruto sighs at her demands that earned knowing looks from customers inside, including the one who's waiting for his drink.

“Ma'am, I made your drink,” Haruto started while the customer raised her eyebrow pertaining to what he meant.

“And I don't have brown hair, in fact none of this cafe's employees have long brown hair except for our waiter.” he continues to explain.

“Then where's your waiter? This must be their hair!” the lady started looking around trying to find the waiter Haruto talked about.

“Today's her holiday, ma'am. Our waiter is not on duty.”

“Then whose hair is this?!”

“Same question, ma'am.”

“But you're with that brown haired girl seating by the farthest window seat, right? It must be her's” Haruto teased a smile when he saw the lady in her 40's roll her eyes in annoyance and signalled that brown haired girl to get going and the two left the café in a hurry.

“And never come back.” Haruto says in a quite lower tone that only he could hear when they were completely out of sight.

He turned his head when he heard claps from someone and saw the customer earlier who was waiting for his drinks.

“You're still as feisty as you were since before, Haruto.” he faced the customer earlier who now stood in front of him.

“How d—”

“The name's Kim Junkyu, still remember me?”

“One mocha frappe for Haruto and one caramel macchiato for Junkyu!” the barista announces signalling that their drinks are ready.

Junkyu stood up and walked towards the barista to get their drinks and twirled around after successfully gripping onto the drinks then making a weird face at the end that earned a chuckle from Haruto, he took a glance to see his lover's reaction and goofily smiled when he was contented with the reaction he got.

Haruto was having a bad day today as he got bad remarks on his presentation that he worked hard for, to him it felt like all his sleepless nights trying to make everything perfect without a single flaw seen became useless — he was disappointed.