jikyu | under a rule

Italic – flashback

———

"No strings attached?" Jihoon seriously stated making sure it'll be tattooed onto their minds.

"No strings attached." Junkyu replied pursing his lips.

They both decided to be in a fake relationship. Weird? Isn't it? Two bestfriends who don't even have any feelings for each other agreed to be in one.

"Babe." Jihoon called him, they're in the library flipping through pages of books for a Science report they have to make.

"What the— ew?" Junkyu faced him all grossed out at what he just heard him call.

It was so unusual hearing those words from him, he'd prefer shouting in the library than hearing this man call him those names.

"What? We both agreed to this 'relationship' so suffer." Jihoon raised an eyebrow.

He wouldn't lie he almost puked after calling Junkyu 'babe'. To him it felt like a sin to call him that.

"Okay, it's just the two of us right now. We don't have to act like lovers." Junkyu suggested with Jihoon nodding his head in agreement.

"Your brain is working, wow. You should use it everyday, you look impressive." Jihoon teased then smirked ready to laugh at his annoyed face, but instead of seeing an annoyed expression on Junkyu he instead sees him smirking back.

"You should try it sometimes," Jihoon raises his eyebrow confused as to what Junkyu is pertaining to.

"using your brain." Junkyu smirked knowing he caught him off guard at his clapback. He rarely fights back and he knows when he does it makes Jihoon shut his mouth.

"Okay lol you win this time, babe." Jihoon monotonously said unknowingly teasing Junkyu back.

"Jihoon! What did I just tell you?!" Junkyu exclaimed forgetting they're in the library.

"Shh! Quiet!" The librarian warned upon hearing the noise. The two looked at each other then held their laughs in.

"Jihoon" Junkyu called him in seriousness making Jihoon weirded out.

"What?"

"Let's talk." Junkyu replied before going out of the classroom with sweaty hands and Jihoon following him behind like a dog.

Months have passed since they officially started their fake relationship. Never ending teases and pick up lines here and there somehow shifted Junkyu's thoughts about the older. He started to gain feelings for him, opposite to a rule they both agreed to.

He went to an empty classroom and chanted in his mind the three words 'I like you' to prepare himself to confess but it wasn't as easy as it seems.

He was now facing him, Jihoon just stood there confused as to what they'll be talking about.

"Jihoon I..." Junkyu trailed off trying to find words to spit out but not one would come.

"What, Junkyu? Recess is almost over, hurry up I don't want to be late." Junkyu gulped at his reply.

He tried to speak but no words really came out. It was suffocating, he wanted to let his heart be free from these unsaid words but his mouth doesn't want to cooperate.

"I..."

"You what?!" Jihoon unconsciously shouted implying that he is getting impatient with him.