haruhwan | late

Junghwan arrives to school a little later than usual making him be out of breath for running like he was being chasen by a bull all the way to his classroom. Few steps before he reaches his room, he prayed so hard for the teacher to come in late, but fate wasn't on his side today.

He was greeted with a serious stare by his math teacher and uninterested looks by his classmates and one in particular had a smirk forming on their face. “Mr. So, you're very early today.” the teacher said with sarcasm ringing all over his voice.

Junghwan just stood by the classroom door with him suddenly enjoying the view of marble floors. “I'm sure you're aware that this isn't your first time coming to class late.” he bit his lip fighting the urge to roll his eyes at his voice.

He never really understood why suddenly their math teacher paid attention to him, for months he was a nobody in his class.

“Don't come into my class, you're marked absent for today, So Junghwan.” he took a glance to one student with a teasing look before his eyes rolled in sync with his feet turning and was about to take a step when the teacher spoke in a sudden.

“Stay outside, by the corridor and carry your backpack up high. I hope you'll reflect on your actions more.” he curses in his mind not really in the mood and as much as he just wants to dissolve into thin air right now, he walks his way to the corridor facing the windows that show the outside.

“How's your day?” Junghwan faced the student beside him not expecting anyone to talk to him. He replies with a bitter smile before looking back at the wide window and adjusting his hold onto his backpack.

“Oh, come on talk to me. I literally sacrificed my perfect attendance to accompany you.” Haruto pokes his side making the effort to get the younger one's attention.

“Did I even tell you to do so? Plus, you still haven't apologized.” Junghwan stayed firm and tried focusing on the birds flying outside together with the trees swaying with the wind.

“I'm sorry,” Junghwan was surprised at how his voice lingered in his ears full of genuineness with no hints of lies. Despite that he stayed still not even sparing a quick glance to him.

“for ruining your day yesterday,” Haruto continues with high hopes for Junghwan to face him with those hazel eyes once again.

And this time Junghwan was convinced with his words, he hesitantly looked at him seeing the same pair of eyes he enjoyed seeing, and like how everyone says it to be, his world suddenly stopped moving.

It would be a funny situation the two are in, holding backpacks up high with them and the whole class in between a wall full of window panes. And here they are, in their own little world enjoying the limited time they have with each other. Staring deeply into one's soul with their hearts in synchrony beating like never before.

A small smile appears on Haruto's face, feeling butterflies again, he doesn't understand how the simple hazel-colored eyes of the younger could make him feel all tingly. It's like those eyes are his own kind of Mona Lisa — his whole existence perhaps.

“but I won that game fair and square.” Haruto smirks enjoying his newly found hobby, teasing So Junghwan. And he chuckles seeing that he successfully did when Junghwan's face turned upside down.

“No, I won the game. You cheated! You clearly tired distracting me so you could grab my controller and make me lose the game! How coul—”

In a second, Haruto effortlessly made the latter lose his words by moving his face until only they're an inch apart from each other with his eyes analyzing every detail on Junghwan's face, mesmerized by such beauty.

“See you later.” Haruto winks and puts his backpack down before hanging it on his shoulder and before he could forget he pats Junghwan's head gently, something he's been wanting to do ever since he came in late today, and walks away as the bell rings indicating recess.

And every step Haruto makes goes in sync to every beat Junghwan's heart is making, maybe even more — no, it is a lot more than usual. What is this feeling?

Hellooooooooo! It's been a while, I hope you're all doing well ^^ itsjbitchaquino this is for you!! I hope you like it!

Have a great day everyone~ or have a good night's sleep hehe