Chapter 3 - Liyue Harbor

-Kazuha POV-

I sadly couldn't trust Scaramouche yet. He may have saved me and treated me kindly, but the timing was too perfect and this boat was definitely sketchy. Still, I'll stay normal and he'll eventually give it away about either should I trust him or not.
He seems wary of telling about himself, too, so he'll also need to trust me.
He is interesting, to say the least, so I'm going to accompany him as long as I can.
Just for the time Inazuma gets under control. Then, I'll return.
Why would I stay in Liyue anyways? I have no business there.
Just for the time he needs me, I guess.

We ate some snacks that were on the boat, but since we were already at Guyun, it wouldn't be long to arrive at Liyue Harbor then. We'll just have to get a hotel chamber and go eat right away.

How could this trip go wrong?

*Timeskip, arrived at Liyue Habor*

"We're here.", said the ravenette, calmly.
He gazed at the horizon, looking lost in thoughts. I grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the boat.
"Come on, Scara, we can't waste our—", I cut myself off, embarrassed.
I really called him that.
The boy looked around him, blushing.
"S-sorry...", I said.
It took him some moment to calm down.
"I-I don't mind though...", he whispered.
Wait, did I hear that right?
That small tsundere wants me to call him "Scara"?
What—

*Author-san's notes: I'm crying so much rn, I'm cringing so hard rn, oml did I just really write that— Anyways!! End of author-san's notes*

He covered his face with his hands. I heard that right, that's for sure.
"Don't worry, don't worry! I'll call you that, if you don't mind!", I answered, as nicely as I could despite the fact I wanted to laugh at him.
(Bro I'm making Kazuha a villain rn help this was Scara's role not his.)
"Y-yeah... anyways-", the ravenette said, changing the subject.
"Do you have any idea where to go? For an inn or to eat?", I asked him.
"..."
It took him quite a while to properly answer.
"Wait a second I gotta make a call.", he told me.
"...Really?"
He looked at me in a merciless way, so I backed off.
"Alright, alright, let's go."
We tried finding phones everywhere, and eventually, we found one that was well hidden. Scaramouche looked at me, hinting a "leave me some privacy" that he couldn't say. I nodded, and laid my back on a wall next to him.
I didn't want to be eavesdropping, but I couldn't help it.
"You damn ginger, if I called you it's certainly for a good reason so if there's someone you wanna mock, choose someone else!", he yelled.
He's gonna cause a commotion or something.
"Okay, I'm going off."
I could almost hear the voice from the voice screaming sorry.
What kind of friends do he has?
"Do you know any good place to eat and an inn?"
He waited, patiently, for an answer.
"It's not a date okay, shut up! But yeah... I have someone with me."
I felt hot all of a sudden. This was embarrassing. I could, once again, hear the person Scaramouche called a ginger laughing.
Was there any chance that this guy was a clown or something?
"Reply something stupid and I'm hanging up and reporting everything to Her."
The person on the phone abruptly stopped laughing, I couldn't hear their loud voice anymore.
"Okay, I've noted the places. And I swear, if any of those places—"
He got cut off, I could hear the person screaming.
"Alright, thanks..."
He was laughing, again, probably mocking him.
"Oh shut up—"
And then he put the phone on it's holder.
"Where is he...? He couldn't have ghosted me, at least I don't hope so..."
Hearing him worry, I showed up.
"You're done?", I asked, despite knowing the answer.
He had an embarrassed look on his face, almost as if he thought I heard him.
That, I did, but he doesn't have to know.
"Yeah. That stupid ginger gave me some places to go to. Still, they might be weird, since his 'supposedly not boyfriend' and him went there.", he answered.
I chuckled after hearing this.
"He seems funny.", I said.
"Oh, believe me, he's more stupid than funny."
"Well, then—"
He was looking at the names of the places he wrote on the paper, but I couldn't help looking at him once in a while. He looked pretty. Too pretty to be a human, almost.