Chapter 16

Vui's Pov

Vui's Pov

I saw how his face turned to surprised and then he looked at me and smile. For a while,he was looking at me intently like I'm the most amazing girl in the world. No one was spoke.

"Wo-ow. Are u sure? Are u sure about me?" then he slightly laughed making me giggle. Every woman in this world will be sure with him, he's perfect! — He deserves to be loved and cared for, and I'm thankful that it's me.

"You know, Vui I can wait. I don't want you to be pressured about this love thing. I know you don't like to rush things and I don't want it also," he said.

"Hyux, I love you. This is the right time for you, for us," I said.

He stood up and approached me, he placed his hand in front of me then he asked "Can I have a dance with my gorgeous girl?" I accepted his hand and we walked to the center of the rooftop.

The air was calming, the place was good, the song is really nice, and the person in front of me was perfect. We started to dance and I placed my hands on his arms. He placed his hands on my waist and we started to sway.

I looked at the sky and ang ganda––sobrang ganda. Maraming bituin na kumikislap, may buwan na nagbibigay din ng liwanag saamin, at ang hangin na dumadapo sa aking mga balat ay napakasariwa at napaka-kalmado.

We danced until he spoke, "I didn't expect that this. Akala ko nga ay hindi mo ako papansinin o 'di kaya sagutin. But now, wow, we're official. And I hope soon, we'll be official also to your family. But I can wait for that eventhough it takes time," he pressed his lips to stop himself from smiling.

"Soon. Dadating din tayo diyan," I said

The music was replaced by another song. The song was good to the point that I can relate to what the lyrics say. I wrapped my arms around Hyux and rested my head on his chest.

I closed my eyes para makaramdam ako ng pahinga dahil hindi lahat ng oras kaya ko kailangan ko din ng kalinga at sa mundong nakakapagod kailangan natin ng taong mag papatibay at magpapataas sa atin.

The lyrics hit me.

I know sometimes life is a rough game. Life is not fair, it's unfair to all of us.

But every day is a new day
And no matter what happens, it's okay
It's okay.
That's why i'm still here because every day is a new beginning.

Then suddenly Hyux sang the next lyrics,

I wanna fix your wings

I wanna lift you up
I wanna see you live for the dreams that you wanna dream
I want the whole world to see what I see
Girl, I'm here
Right here for you
I wanna see you fly from the dark to the bright side

Life will get better, better
Things will get better, better
Life will get better, better

"I'll be here to your ride. I'll join your ride. I wanna fix your wings so that you can fly again. I want to see you to live for the dreams that you wanna dream and I want to see you that you're okay and fine. I'll be here always fixing your wings," he said. He hugged me and kissed my forehead.

This night is ideal.

We're done dancing, so went back to our place. We decided to go downstairs para tignan if naandon pa si Colette, but before that, we took pictures for the memories. Then Hyux took a stolen picture of me while holding the bouquet and looking to the beautiful view. I saw it kasi hindi niya yata namalayan na naka-flash siya.

We arrived downstairs and saw Cole in one of the tables with a guy. I know that she's flirting with him and the guy does too. I decided to go to Cole to say that we're going home.

"Uh, hi, can I talk to my friend?" I said to the guy and he nodded.

"Hoy, gaga ano yun? Kilala mo ba yun? Sino ba yun?" tanong ko sa kanya.

"Alam ko yung pangalang and beh mukhang mamahalin at mayaman," sabi niya na parang mahihimatay na sa lalake na yun

"Tara na nga. Umuwi na tayo," sabi ko and tumingin tingin ako sa paligid kasi wala pa si Hyux and I saw him talking to the guy earlier and by that I knew that they know each other.

"Let's go? I'm going to drive you home," he said and we nodded.

Muntik na naman akong magulat dahil ibang sasakyan na naman ang gamit niya. Hindi kasi bmw yung dala niya kundi ferrari. Amoy mamahalin jusko ang yaman naman nito. Tinignan ko si Colette at kahit siya ay napanganga sa ganda ng sports car. Pero alam kong hindi na dapat kami magulat kasi that's the one and only Hyux Quervo.

He opened the door for us before going in to sit on the driver's seat. Hyux started to drive and asked if who to drop home first.

The city lights is such a perfect place to walk with someone. I've imagined it before. What it feels to go or walk with someone by the city lights. And now, I felt it, with my home.

At the corner of my eye, I saw Hyux staring and smiling at me. "Why are you looking at me? Eyes on the road," I said kasi baka mabangga kami.

"Is it illegal to stare at the most gorgeous creature in the world? And opo ito na, sa daan na po titingin. Parang kasalanan ko pa kasi na sobrang ganda mo." he said.

"Can I at least hold your hand?" he added while pouting his lips. Cutie.

I gave my hand to him and felt comfortable. I feel so safe and at home when I'm with him. I can't lose him. I see the tomorrow with him dealing the pain of yesterday.

"Respeto naman sa single ano?" parinig ni Colette.

"Oh. Yeah, sorry. Single ka nga pala. Pikit ka nalang para hindi ka mainggit," pang aasar ni Hyux. Ang isa naman ay todo simangot.

"Just kidding. By the way, kilala ko yung guy kanina. Gusto mo ilakad kita?" Hyux asked dahilan para numingning ang mga mata ni Colette.

"Sige sige. Gusto ko yan. Tama yan, dapat ganyan," pagsangayon nito.

Nang palapit na kami sa bahay ay sinulit na namin ni Hyux ang oras dahil baka matagal-tagal din bago kami magkita ulit. Pagdating namin sa tapat ng bahay ay patay na ang mga ilaw, kaya sigurado akong hindi na gising sina Mama at Papa.

Nagpaalam na agad ako kina Colette at Hyux. Bubuksan ko na sana ang gate pero nagulat ako nang bumukas ito. Nakita ko si Papa na nakatayo at masama ang tingin saakin. "Sino naghatid sayo? Sino ang lalake na iyon?" tanong agad ni Papa. Hindi ako makasagot. Naestatwa ako sa kinatatayuan ko at nanlamig na parang yelo. Isang maling salita ko lang ay maaaring katapusan ko na.

"Pa, kaibigan po ni Colette. Hindi po kasi siya nagdala ng sasakyan kaya nagpahatid nalang po kami," I said.

I need to lie to hide the truth.

"Pumasok ka na. Matulog ka pagdating mo sa kwarto mo," sabi niya "Ok po, pa" sabi ko. Nagmano ako at humalik sa pisngi bago pumasok.

Napahiga nalang ako pagdating ko sa kwarto. Prinoproseso sa utak ang mga nangyari ngayong araw. I didn't expect that this would be a tiring day. I thought this day will end perfectly pero hindi eh. Hindi pa binigay.

I cried. Why is it so unfair? I just want to be happy. I want my day perfect kahit isang araw lang, sana pinagbigyan na ako. My phone suddenly lit up showing a notification. I pressed it to see what it was, and to my surprise, it was the picture that Hyux took earlier with the caption, "Her wings will be fixed soon".

I cried again. I appreciate and love the fact that Hyux appreciates me. And that he is willing to fix me and stay by my side until I am happy and when have achieved my goals and dreams in life.

He's the one. The man who can fix my wings.

:>