Chapter 17

Vui's Pov

Vui's Pov

Summer has come and I haven't done much other than helping Mama's online selling, helping with the house and exchanging messages with Hyux. I had a normal summer, nothing special.

During the summer, I just did my daily routine. Waking up and getting out of bed, taking a bath, eating, helping Mama, talking to Hyux, and sleeping.

In the last week of summer, we are going to the beach. We just arrived and I feel so refreshed. You can feel the air touching your skin, the sound of the waves, and the trees swaying–it's so peaceful.

I checked my man's message while walking to our room.

"Hi love, did you arrive at the beach safely? By the way, we're going to the beach too. I don't know where though. Don't forget to take pictures! Take care there, love. I love u.💗"

"Hello love, yes po. Oh okay. Take care and enjoy the beach! I love u too.🤗" I sent my reply.

After checking all of my social media accounts, I decided to go to sleep. Ah. My body needs a rest from that 1-hour trip.

I woke up to the knock on the door. So I stood up to check who it is.

Oh. It's Papa.

"Magbihis ka na, Vui. Nasa baba na ang Mama mo kasama ang mga kapatid mo. Doon ka nalang namin hihintayin sa lobby," saad ni Papa.

"Sige po, Pa." aniya ko.

I closed the door and got dressed right away. I put on a little make up to look fresh. Before going to the lobby, I took the dslr for our picture taking later.

I checked the room to see if may nakalimutan ako at kinuha na ang card ng room namin.

I arrived at the stairs of the lobby and saw my parents, as well as, my siblings. I was curious when I saw them talking to someone.

I could not identify who it was. But as I got closer, my lips parted when I recognized the person my father was talking to. Muntik ko pang mahulog ang hawak kong dslr.

It's Hyux and his Dad—I guess. Why are they talking to Papa?

"Vui ito nga pala yung boss-" napahinto si Papa sa pagsasalita dahil inunahan siya ng boss niya.

"Hi, iha. Ako nga pala ang boss ng Papa mo," he extended his hand para makipagkamay and I accepted it to show respect.

"Nice meeting you Sir." I said and I smiled to him.

He smiled at me. His smile is different–parang kilala niya talaga ako. Does he know my relationship with his son?

"Ang galing-galing at ang sipag ng Papa mo sa trabaho," inaakbayan niya si Papa at ngumiti. I saw Papa's expression, he seemed uneasy but he managed to keep a smile.

"Oh. By the way, ito nga pala ang anak ko. Vui this is Hyux, Hyux this is Vui," he introduced me to his son.

"I know her Dad. She's my classmate," He winked at me.

"Really? Then that's good. Can we invite you for dinner? My treat," his Dad said.

"Sure, Sir. It's our pleasure," Papa replied.

We walked to the restaurant of the hotel because I had no choice but to agree. It was awkward knowing that both of our parents are here, no clue on what is going on between their children.

We all sat on a white chair in front of a long marble table. Papa and Hyux's father started to talk about work, while my mother and my siblings are talking about the food. So I excused myself to go to the bathroom.