Chapter 9 Welcome Home

3rd POV

Reze opened her eyes. She was laying on a beach, the waves lapping at her feet. She noticed she was wearing a shirt.

Then she felt something weird. She turned her head to see Y/n laying next to her, one hand on her tit.

He glance at her, "Hey! *Squish squish* Your awake! *Squish squish* That's good! *Squish squish*"

Reze looked at the hand on her breast. She laid her own hand on Y/n's.

"Aw, look at us. Holding hands at the beach. It's almost like we're a coupllaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" Y/n suddenly screamed mid-sentence as Reze started gripping his hand really tightly.

There was loud crack and Reze let go of Y/n's hand and stood up, while Y/n's was writhing in pain while clutching his definitely broken hand.

"Why did you revive me?" Reze asked Y/n.

"Like hell I'm letting the girl of my dreams die." Y/n said as he struggled to open his flask and hastily gulped down whatever's inside.

"Would you still be able to say that if I kill you right now?" Reze asked.

"Of course I would." Y/n said, opening and closing his hand, checking if it was healed.

"Heh-Ahahahahahahaha! Haaa! Ahhh."

Reze abburptly stopped.

"Are you by any chance... still under the illusion that I seriously liked you? Every since I met you, my expression and my cheeks blushing and everything. All of it was a lie. Just the result of the training I've had. Like I said before: I never loved you and I will never love you."

Y/n looked up at her and then out to sea, "I know that. I know you were faking it. You don't have to rub it in."

"I've always been gullible to women. I know that better than anyone. You aren't the first girl to screw me over. Some were devil hunters, some were just power hungry, some were just some bitches trying to rattle me up for cash. But I fall for it. Every single time. Because... I always hope that one day... I'll meet someone who genuinely likes me."

He flopped on the sand again, "Go if you want to. I can tell you don't need me anymore."

Reze looked at him for a moment and then walked away, leaving Y/n alone with only the sound of crashing waves by his side.

(Time skip brought to you by Y/n drinking alone)

A girl was standing on the train station platform. She watched the train clutter out of the station.

She took off her cap to reveal it was Reze. Reze walked out of the station, down the street and into a familiar ally way.

Up ahead she could see the cafe, and through the window, she could see a guy with messy dark hair.

Suddenly, beneath her, there was a scurry of little feet as a army of mice scuttled pass her and started forming a large pile in front of her. Reze's hand instinctively shot up to her safety pin.

"I, too..." a voice came for the writhing mass of fur and squeaking. The mice slowly fell away to reveal Makima, looking at a mouse on her hand.

 The mice slowly fell away to reveal Makima, looking at a mouse on her hand