Part 2 Chapter 8 The Lovely Corpse Bride

3rd POV

Fenrir let out a lazy yawn, he sat up and looked up at the bed to see Asa was still asleep. He tried standing up when there was a loud crack from his hip.

Fenrir grunted in pain and keeled over back onto the floor. Asa let out a soft groan and sat up from her bed, rubbing her eyes. "Fenrir..?" she called out in a groggy voice, then she noticed the Space Devil crumpled on the floor, "Oh my god! Fenrir, what happened?!"

"My back...." Fenrir groaned.

"Surprising his back didn't give out on him sooner, what with him always sleeping on the floor and all." Yoru said as she looked down at him.

Asa helped Fenrir crawl onto her bed, "Don't move, I'll go get some back pain patches." Asa said.

"I'm... fine... little miss... don't worry..." Fenrir grunted as he tried to sit up but the pain in his back kept him down.

"You are obviously not okay!" Asa said, "Stay put until I come back."

Asa ran out of her house and headed for the nearest drug store. A few minutes later, she was mumbling to herself as she looked at the shelves of pain reliever patches.

"God, just pick one!" Yoru shouted.

"But what if I pick the wrong one." Asa said.

Yoru scoffed and rolled her eyes. She pushed Asa out of her body and then grabbed a random box of patches, "There, now let's go." she said as she walked over to the register. 

"What if that's the wrong one? We could make it worse!" Asa protested as they left the store.

"It says 'Back pain relief patches' genius." Yoru scoffed. They walked back to the apartment and opened the door only to see the bed was empty.

"Fenrir?!" Asa exclaimed and looked around the house but the Space Devil was nowhere to be seen.

"Someone's been here." Yoru said.

"What?"

"I can sense it, a Devils been here."

"WHAT?!!"

Asa's head was spinning, "A devil took Fenrir...?" she said weakly as she sank to the ground.

"Well, don't need these anymore." Yoru said and threw the back relief patches into the garbage.

"We have to go find him!" Asa cried.

Yoru folded her arms, "And why should we do that? He was a freeloader that just invited himself into your life."

"Well, you're not really fit to be the one to call him a freeloader." Asa said.

"Although, now that he's gone, we're short on possible weapons..." Yoru murmured.

"For the last time! We are not making Fenrir a weapon!!" Asa shouted.

"Why do you care so much? He's not someone that's close to you." Yoru said.

Asa struggled to find the words. Yoru wasn't technically wrong, Fenrir was just some guy who came into her house unannounced and was now living with her. But just abandoning him just felt wrong.

"There's nothing wrong about it." Yoru said coldly, making Asa flinch, remembering Yoru can hear her thoughts.

Asa bit her lip and then suddenly pushed Yoru out of her body. 

"Hey!" Yoru yelled as Asa ran out the door. 

"Even if you do try and find him, there's no way to know where he's gone!" Yoru said.