Chapter 15 Stairway to Heaven

3rd POV

Y/n kicked opened the door to the Devil Hunter and strode down the hall, whistling to himself. He looked around. No one seemed to be here. His whistling slowly subsided.

"Hello?!" he called out. No answer.

"Helllooooo?! Did I forget today was a day off or something?!"

He then spotted some of the fiend further down the hallway. They were all kneeling.

"Hey guys!" he yelled, waving his hands.

They didn't respond. They didn't even bother to look up.

Y/n continued to wave his arms and jump up and down like he was trying to fly, "Guys! Look! I'm back! Hey! Guys! Come on look! Look! I'm feeling better! Guys! Guys! Hey! Guys! Look! Guys!"

He then saw Makima walking towards him, dragging Denji by the arm.

"Hey! Makima! Denji!"

They didn't seem to hear him. Makima was talking to Denji about something.

"Why is everybody ignoring me!" Y/n shouted as he stomped his foot on the ground. He then laid down on the ground and began flailing around, "Notice me! Notice me! Notice me! Notice me! Notice-"

 He then laid down on the ground and began flailing around, "Notice me! Notice me! Notice me! Notice me! Notice-"

"HOLY SHIT! HOOOOLY SHIT! OH MY GOD! I COULD HAVE DIED! I COULD HAVE ACTUALLY DIED! OOOH MY GOOOD!"

The sound of heavy footsteps filled the halls as a bunch of men in swat uniforms stormed the halls. Luckily, Y/n was fast enough to get the hell out of there and hide.

"Makima spotted."

"Sato's squad, fire first. Suzuki's squad, get ready to rotate after 12 seconds."

The men started lighting Makima up like a christmas tree, just pumping her full of led. But the weirdest thing was that the men themselves were going down like they were the ones being shot.

"Help me, Chainsaw Man."

Denji eyes widened as his intestine burst out of his stomach and wrapped around his neck like a pink, fleshy, bloody scarf and then jumped out the giant hole in the wall.

Y/n watched as Kishibe appeared, holding Makima at gunpoint. Then Makima began to explain that she was contracted with the japanese prime minister and that any damage she takes will just be passed to a random japanese citizen. And then she started talking about the Chainsaw Man.

She talked about the horrific creature that was Chainsaw Man, how he would hunt down devils that cried for help and slice them up. How some devils fear him and some devils worship him. How he had the ability to erase any devil's name that he ate and her plans to scrub the world clean with that same power.

This is where Y/n found out he had been working for a crazy bitch. Just then, on the roof of the building across from Devil Hunter HQ, a door floating in air opened up and began spewing blood and organs as a massive, black figure dropped down.