"pretty nasty bruise"

Prompt- Calliope and Amy fanfic. Owen is hitting Amy and Callie finds out.

TRIGGER WARNING- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE (I promise one day I will write a happy story omg)

.

———————-——————————

"OR 4 is booked out Shepherd, you'll have to reschedule your surgery."

Calliope Torres was an outstanding surgeon. It was never doubted how outstanding she was when it came to orthopaedics, and even the most simple of procedures were carried out with exquisite care and finesse.

"Brain surgery can hardly be rescheduled," the smaller brunette said as she rolled her eyes.

The arrival of Dr Amelia Shepherd definitely unsettled Callie. For the first time in a while, her surgical prowess was matched. Still a 'superhero with a scalpel', but now a facing fierce competition for the nickname. Shepherd didn't just treat patients- she attracted them, even from overseas. While Callie had her fair share of patients insisting they saw her and only her, she'd had very few actively seek her out since she settled down at Grey Sloan. If anything, Dr Shepherd was a breath of fresh air for Callie. Someone to compete with. Someone who knocked her down a few pegs, just as she did with Amelia. The women, who were hardly closer than colleagues, seemed to help each other out more than they'd set out to.

"Sucks to be you Shepherd," Callie shrugged. "This is my turf, my OR and my knee replacement. I'll scrub out fast, you can bagsy it after me."

Amelia usually pushed back when an OR was declined to her. Callie had seen especially fiery chats with the chief take place over the OR whiteboard, the youngest attending at Grey Sloan Memorial insisting she got her way. Petulantly. The chief often relented under the piercing green eyes. In this instance however, there was no such fire, no such retaliation. The surgeon seemed to be distracted instead by the oncoming boyfriend.

"You're not giving Torres grief are you?" Owen raised his eyebrows as he approached the pair.

"Of course not," Amelia smiled, but her voice remained monotone, the reply shooting out of her mouth before emotion could be put behind it.

"Actually Owen," Callie smirked, seeing this as a perfect opportunity to rile up the surgeon she saw as hardly old enough to be qualified. "Your girl is after my OR. Someone doesn't like sharing."

"We've had words about your attitude haven't we Amy." Owen chuckled.

"Amy?"

"Suits her better than Amelia, don't you think Torres?" Owen smiled, tapping his girl on the shoulder before whispering in her ear and continuing to wherever he was going to.

"I really wish you hadn't said that Dr Torres," Amelia said, eyes cast to the floor.

Callie began to sense the woman was upset. "I was only messing with you Shepherd."

"I know," she replied, looking up to the ceiling and sighing. "I just really wish you hadn't said that."

Calliope was left with a lingering concern and guilt that, for whatever reason, Amelia was hurt by the interaction, that Callie had fully intended to be a joke. Yet Callie kept her word to Amelia and scrubbed out quickly.