19

•♧•♤•♢•♡•♡•♢•♤•♧•

•♧•♤•♢•♡•♡•♢•♤•♧•

"What did Rotty want?"

Kaz smirked as he kept walking towards his office in the Crow Club.

"He wanted to know if I knew anything about a DeKappel painting, stolen just a few days ago."

They stepped into the office and were immediately faced with a large painting. The DeKappel in question. Their heist to the Van Eck house had been a success.

"And I suppose you told him you didn't know anything."

Kaz was still smirking as he took off his gloves and washed his hands. When he was done he turned back towards Nesta who was looking out of the open window. It was raining outside, he knew that she was worried about Inej slipping on the wet rooftops even after years of knowing her.

"Could you go and see if Jesper did as I said?" He asked.

She turned away from the window and gave him a brief nod before walking out of his office.

She made her way to the door of the gambling den and was surprised to see Jesper there. She hadn't expected him to listen to Kaz. His want to gamble always got the best of him.

But before she could reach him she felt a tap on her shoulder and turning around she was faced with a short Suli girl.

"Kaz wants you in his office."

"What? He just sent me away!" The older of the two complained.

"He probably just misses his dear wife."

Nesta grumbled under her breath as Inej slipped away to the Zemeni man standing by the door, a smile on her face. Not a day had gone by that Inej and Jesper hadn't mentioned the marriage. Inej, because she loved marriages, especially her parents marriage. And Jesper, because he loved to rub her losing the bet in her face. He had, after all, won a hundred kruge from her.

She walked back into his office and flopped into a chair opposite him.

"Inej said that you wanted to talk to me."

"We have a new job," he informed her.

"What is this new job?"