25

•♧•♤•♢•♡•♡•♢•♤•♧•

•♧•♤•♢•♡•♡•♢•♤•♧•

"This writ allows you access to the grounds, the main ballroom and nowhere else. You are being employed by the Queen. You are not her guests. You're to stay together as a group, at all times."

The Crows, minus Kaz, and the Conductor were standing with the performers in front of the main gate.

Nesta was nervously gazing at the Little Palace. She hadn't been there in 10 years. Yet seeing it again made her feel like she had only left the place yesterday. She knew it would be hard for her, especially if she saw familiar faces, (which she was bound to see). But she had to remind herself that no one would recognise her, she wasn't the small ten year old that had ran through those halls anymore.

"No guns, no knives, no weapons of any kind," the guard informed them.

Nesta saw Jesper smiling at that and had to poke the man in his ribs. He was not being subtle. The Zemeni man turned his face to her, ready to complain, but chose not to as the guard turned around to look at them again.

"Punishment for violation of these rules ranges from being fired to being fired upon. Now, do we all understand these rules?"

Nesta honestly felt bad for the man. He had to recite the same things to every performance group that would be going through those gates. It seemed like a very dull job. She just hoped that the man wouldn't get into any trouble because of them.

There was shouting from somewhere further from the gates and they all turned to see the commotion.

"The Sun Summoner! I just want to see her!" Shouted the man that had just been pulled from underneath one of the caravans.

He tried running towards the gates, but was quickly stopped by the guards. The Crows let their eyes sweep over the group and were surprised to see a familiar face there. Kaz Brekker was in a guards uniform.

The man was dragged away and they all walked in through the gates. Maybe stealing Alina Starkov would be easier than they first thought.

•♧•♤•♢•♡•♡•♢•♤•♧•

Nesta had just finished putting up the tent she was supposed to help Inej get ready in before her performance. She had no idea what to actually do with the Suli girl's hair. She was not very talented in that area.