ch 9 - common room disasters

It was a peaceful Sunday afternoon and like I usually do, I was lazing about on the couch.

I exhaled deeply. My warm breath escaping my lips effortlessly. I had the young Greengrass sister painting my nails for me.

Daphne and I had conned her into doing our nails for us in exchange for a date with Adrian Pucey a Slytherin fifth year.

"Here have some" Daphne passed me a small bunch of black grapes that she had stolen from the kitchens. I picked the juiciest looking one and popped it into my mouth.

The satisfaction I felt after crunching and tasting the sweet juices that filled my taste buds. I let out a moan.

"Omg calm down!" Daphne squealed out slapping my arm. We both burst into fits of laughs.

"What they are so good!" I giggle popping another one into my mouth

I wiggle my toes admiring the paint work. It was pretty good, I had a beautiful sage green colour to match my finger nails. Daphne had a beautiful dark green colour.

Suddenly I felt my mind wandering. I thought about how Draco and I had been going recently. Things had been good, we were getting closer.

It had been a week since Draco and I made up after our fight on the couch. My heart still races every time I thought about it. I leant against my palm, day dreaming about what it'd be like if him and I actually dated for real.

"What the fuck!?" Daphne yelled out. I jumped turning around to see Pug face and Malfoy walking in holding hands.

I felt my heart stop. All my blood stopped pumping. I watched as a cruel smirk appeared on his lips. The same lips I had previously been kissing.

Now they were tainted as pug face leant up and smashed her dirty mouth onto his. I immediately got up from my spot grabbing my book and stormed over to the boy.

"What the fuck are you doing Malfoy" I spat.

"What does it look like Peverell? I've got a new girlfriend" Malfoy sneered.

"You are so despicable! You foul boy!" I swung my book at his head smacking him right in the temple.

"Agh!" His hand immediately glued to the spot where the book had made serious contact.

"What the fuck is wrong with you! You psycho bitch!" Pansy screamed at me. I looked her dead in the eyes.

"Teaching this maggot not to mess with me", I looked back to the blonde boy, his eyes were full of fear and hurt,"as for you, if you ever come near me again, consider it the last thing you ever do" I spat poison filled words him.

And with that I left the room. Throwing my book onto my desk I flopped onto my bed. Holding back tears. I was too strong to cry over such a thing. We were even dating.

I'm not going to lie, it hurt. A lot. But still I didn't need the brat anyway. Pug face deserves that kind of pathetic relationship.

I sat up wiping any remaining tears and composed myself. I'm a Peverell. We don't cry over meaningless things. I repeated this mantra over and over in my head until Daph and Val came bursting through the door.

"Omg Zo zo! Are you ok?" They hugged me tightly crushing my lungs in the process.

"Yeah I'm fine. I don't need that idiot, it was all fake anyway" I chuckled.

"Yeah I know but you looked really upset, you even gave him a concussion with your book, Pansy had to take him to see madam pomfrey" Daphne admitted sheepishly.

"Serves him right! Who picks that pig over our gorgeous princess!" Val slammed her fist against the quilt.

"That's right he deserved it" I grinned.