ch 15 - cabin fever

God I cannot believe I had to go to this stupid cabin. Apparently It was a pureblood tradition that during the holidays all the closed purebloods came together and spent a week out here. It was something to do with bonding and about giving the parents a chance to connect and make plans for the future whatever that's supposed to mean.

Mother had packed my suitcase for the week, she wanted to make sure I had the best outfits. It was just Mother, Father and I attending from my family. Which is good because I'm not going to be squished in the back but now I have to socialise with the other kids.

I had been reading my book since we left our manor. I closed my eyes briefly as the rain pattered gently against our roof. It was one of my favourite sounds to fall asleep to, but also it was just a very calming noise.

I had just had my 15th Birthday a couple of days ago. Nothing big or exciting happened. Everyone was away and we decided I wanted to do something big for next years birthday. So Mother and Father too me to Paris for the day. It's been one of my favourite places to go since they first took me there on a holiday when I was 8. I knew for a fact that it was also Malfoys birthday a week before mine since my mother made me write him a letter and promise I'll come celebrate his birthday next year with him. Let's just say that was a lie to keep my mother happy.

"Now darling I want you to be nice, the Malfoys," I scoffed at this already," Zabinis, Notts, Crabbes, Golyes, Francescos, Greengrasses, Parkinson's and Us are the only families attending" my mother droned on. I zoned out not wanting to hear the rest of what she was saying. This sounded like a disaster already at this point.

"We want you to be on your best behaviour Zo, and make sure you do look smart, we would really love to get you an arranged marriage with the Malfoy boy" I nearly choked on my saliva at this point. They can't be serious.

"What why?!" I asked frowning at my Father.

"Because they are very wealthy pureblood, also followers of Voldemort like us so if he ever comes back you'd both be protected, and they have lots of money to support my darling daughter and our future grandchildren, I can't have our heiress marrying into just any family" My father explained. I was still not having a bar of it. I huffed crossing my arms. He gave me one of his "looks".

"Ahuh ok Father" I rolled my eyes turning back to my book.

We rolled up and through the thick hedges to reveal a gorgeous dark oak cabin. It was massive!! And there was an amazing lake that went for miles long surrounded by thick forest. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

We parked our car next in the carpark next to the rest of the cars. They were all very neatly spaced and lined up. I climbed out of our car and our bags were being escorted by our house elf. Thank god for that I did not want to carry my massive suitcase.

Mother asked me to do a once over of my outfit.

"You look absolutely ravishing darling, those boys won't be able to keep their eyes off of you" she grinned.