Chapter 7: Living In The Village

How is a raven like a writing desk?
It feels like there's a cow on the ice...
And the world will cave in soon enough
Why am I still writing endless poems?
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT WHY CAN'T I FUCKING THINK?!?!?

Technoblade scribbles out the last line of words and sighs as he rests his head on the paper. He had been suspended the past few days writing poetry. Before that, he had spent it writing stories. And before that, he had been writing in a journal. And before that, he had been sewing clothes for himself. He was currently wearing one of his creations, actually. It was a long, red cape with a white, fluffy border and black spots, along with loose black pants. He was also wearing a white button-up dress shirt and black dress shoes. He looked like a king, which is what he wanted.

He placed his feather pen down on the desk and grabbed his crown. He place it upon his head and then got up. He went over to his bathroom and graded a paintbrush along the way along with some black paint. He looked at himself in the mirror as he dipped the brush into the black paint. He painted his nose to look like he had oddly large nostrils, and then he walked out to get white paint. He then painted two triangular shapes above his top lip to look like pointed teeth. He then looked at himself and sighed. He walked into his room and grabbed a long red cloth and wrapped it twice around his waist. He then grabbed knee-high boots and shoved his too-big feet into them. He then braided his hair and placed a few flowers he had bought the day before into it. He then grabbed his sword and put it through the red sash. He then opened his door and started walking towards... an old friend's home.

As he walked, he noted every new person he saw. There had been a large number of people moving near him recently. It annoyed him. He came here to be alone, but of course, people just started releasing how wonderful of a place this was.

Techno scoffed at his thoughts and walked more quickly. His friend didn't live too far away, but any amount of time with other people felt like forever to Techno. He hated socializing with people. It felt weird to be having fun. Also, he hated all the questions people asked. Like where he was from. He'd rather forget his past... he hated feeling emotional, and his past always brought up too many strong feelings. Sadness, guilt, happiness... he hated it.

"Sir, sir! Please, would you listen for a moment!" A young woman said, holding a baby. It had red hair, small-ish fox ears, and a tail that was black at the end.

"Please, sir! This young girl needs a home! Her parents have died due to illness and she cannot survive the cold-"

"Then take her somewhere warm and leave me alone," Techno said, quickly walking past the women. He sighed. He hated people.

As Techno walked, the more and more homeless people he saw. Many of them complained about the cold and being too poor to go back home. 'Then they shouldn't have come here.' That was what Techno always said to himself. People seemed to make decisions with their hearts rather than with their brains. Sure, this place seems nice, but it's cold and muddy and expensive to get here. If people need to use their heads, even just a few times a day, the world would be infinitely better.

Techno continued his journey to his friend's house until he was standing in front of a grey-ish house with a cooper-stained driveway. He walked up the driveway and knocked on the door twice.

Almost immediately, a male with a white, smiley-face mask opened the door and pulled Technoblade into the home.

"Jeez. Calm down."

"I don't need people to see me, Tehno." His friend said.

"No one can see you, you're wearing a mask," Techno said.

"No shit."

"Well, you're the one all worried about it," Techno said, defending himself sarcastically. The man took off the mask and sighed. Technoblade took a good look at his friend. He had green eyes and blonde, slightly curly hair. He had many scars on his face, and he always looked slightly angry, his eyebrows always slightly pointing down.

"Do you have what I need, Clay?"

"I told you, call me Dream."

"Okay, Mr. Nightmare. Do you, or are you stalling?"

"Yes, I have the book. Just... just don't call me Clay."

"Why? Is George the only one who's allowed to call you by your real name?"

"Don't talk about him!"

"Jeez, okay mister loverman," Techno said, crossing his arms. Dream hadn't seen George for ages, and not by choice. Dream did bad things, and George didn't take some of it well. Dream only did those bad things because people already hated him anyway... might as well just be who they see him as.

"Do you want the book or not?! P-pigman!"

"Nice try. And, yes, I do. So give it."

"Money first."

"No, book first"

"No deal then." Dream said, crossing his arms as well. Technoblade scoffed as he drew his sword from the red sash that was holding it.

"Book. Now."

"No." Dream stated. Technoblade started panicking a little. He was planning on taking the book and leaving right after. He didn't have the money that Dream wanted. He had nowhere near enough. But he needed the damn book. He needed it.

Techno pushed Dream onto the wall that was behind him and put his sword up to dream throat.

"Give me the damn book, Clay."

"Give me the money, Tech."

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!" Techno practically screamed. Dream then smiled slightly, knowing what to do.

"Why? What's wrong with the name Tech?"

"Give me the book you bastard!"

"What if I don't."

"I'll kill you!"

"Yeah right. Then you'd never get the book. I'm not an idiot."

"Just give me the book, damn it!"

"No, I don't think I will." Dream said, pushing Techno's sword away from his throat. Dream then shoved his hands in his pocket and looked at Techno.

"You don't have the money, do you." Dream asked.

"Just give me the damn book. I'll give it back, alright?!"

"Yeah right."

"I'll give you something you want in return."

"Oh yeah? And what's that?"