Chapter 15: Panic, Panic, Panic

Tommy ran as fast as he could. This next train would be the last one he would need to take. Then he would be at Techno's house. As Tommy ran, he heard his phone ringing. He couldn't pick it up, but he would after he got on.

Tommy finally made it to platform 9, only 31 seconds before the train would leave. He sat down and placed his backpack on his lap then grabbed his phone. It had stopped ringing by then, so Tom looked at his missed calls. It had been Phil. Tommy gulped. He should've been home over 2 hours ago. Then Tommy looked at his text messages. He had been ignoring all the times his phone buzzed, but he hadn't realized how many texts he had been sent.

Tommy clicked on Phil's contact as the train started moving. He started reading them and quickly realized how worried his father must be right now.

'Tom are you at Tubbo's house?' Was the first one, which Tommy had gotten about 1 and a half hours ago.

'Tom, tell me where you are. If you don't I'm gonna go over to Tubbo's house and I'll pick you up. If you're there.' Was the next one. Tommy gulped. He had told Tubbo he was at home, but if Phil went over there asking where Tom was, then it would reveal that Tommy had skipped school.

'Tommy where are you.', 'Tubbo said you weren't at school. You told him you stayed home.', 'Tommy please where are you'. Tommy started to panic. He knew Phil wouldn't find him, but what if he put out a missing persons report? What if someone else found Tommy and brought him back before he could get to Techno?

'Tom Simons please answer me', 'Tom please answer. Are you hurt? Did someone take you?' Tom didn't know what to do. If he texted Phil he was okay, Phil would keep asking more and more questions. But if he didn't answer, he might not be able to reach Techno. But maybe he'd be far away enough that people wouldn't know about the report. Or, maybe he would just hide his face. Tommy put his hoodie over his head and almost down to his eyes. He then turned off his phone and placed it in his bag. He then decided that he wouldn't take it back out until he made it off this train. He then decided to look out the window. There were some patches of snow here and there, but it seemed like it was relatively warm outside. Though Tommy knew that it probably wasn't. And he knew it would get colder. That's why he packed so many sweatshirts. Just in case he couldn't find Techno, at least he'd be able to survive out there.

Phil paced back and forth in the Smith's kitchen. He hadn't left Tubbo's house since he got there. He was too afraid. He didn't know what to do. Too much was happening at once. Tommy, the only son that actually still talked to him, was gone. Hurt? Kidnapped?? No one knew. Tommy wouldn't answer his texts or calls. Tommy's phone wasn't at the house though.

"W-well... Tommy must've gone somewhere right before school? Cause he wasn't at the bus stop but he did leave your house-"

"Was he even at your house this morning?!" Philza yelled as he stopped walking and looked right at Tubbo.

"W-what? No..." Tubbo seemed a bit scared, but Phil didn't care. He needed to find his son.

"Then when did he even leave the house?!" Philza yelled again, but he didn't direct it toward anyone. Tubbo's father then grabbed Philza's shoulders and held him still.

"Calm down, Phil. We'll find him, just calm down." He said in a steady voice. Phil let out a shaky breath and moved away from the tall man. He held his face in his hands and continued breathing in and out, trying to calm down.

"I just can't lose him... I just can't..." Phil whispered, partly to himself. He had lost Techno and Wil, he just couldn't lose Tom. He was the only person left in his life. Now he was gone, probably dead somewhere.

"W-why don't you check his room, see if left a note or something...?" Tubbo suggested.

"I'll check..." Phil said, whipping his face. He had been crying, and he didn't care who saw. He just couldn't lose his son.

"You can come back here after you do if you want. We'll help as much as we can." Tubbo's mother said, holding onto her son's shoulders. Phil nodded as he walked to the front of the Smith's house. He swallowed the knot in his throat and made his way back to his own, much smaller house. He opened the front door and walked up the stairs. He felt the worn carpet underneath his feet as the stairs creaked underneath his weight. He then got off the stairs and went into Tommy's room. He walked into the empty room and looked around. Nothing.

Phil sighed but didn't give up. He started looking underneath the boy's bed, and all through his desk's drawers. He then went over to the boy's closet, and then he saw Tommy's school stuff scattered all around the floor. He then looked to find the boy's backpack that wasn't there. Tom had taken his backpack with him, but he took all the school supplies out. Phil then remembered that all the bread was gone, even though he had just bought a new loaf the day before.

'Did he run away?' Phil thought to himself. Phil started to panic again. 'Where would he go? He couldn't have gone far, right? He doesn't have the money to...' Phil then pulled out his wallet, which had felt lighter when he put it in there that morning before work. He opened it and looked at the pocket he kept his physical money in. Nothing. Nothing was in there. He knew that there had been money in there the day before.

Phil felt awful. His son had run away? Why? What did he say... was it because of what happened yesterday? Why did he even do that to himself? What had Phil done to hurt his son?! 

Word Count: 1,044