Chapter 3: Happy Cussday!

"Make a wish!" Philza said, holding a camera. Tommy blew out the candles, it took two tries, however.

"WOOOOO I'M ALLOWED TO CUSS NOW! FUUUUUCK!!" Tommy yelled. Philza snapped the picture but then became wide-eyed.

"Tom! Who told you that you're allowed to cuss when you turn 7?!" Phil yelled. Wilbur then started to laugh.

"Wil! Not okay! Tom, don't ever say that again!" Phil scolded the boys. Techno sat there and held his legs to his chest. Even though he was sitting in a chair, he had his legs pulled to his body. His bangs fell in front of his eyes and the pink filled his vision. He had recently been feeling off with his family. They seemed so happy. Then again he was the oldest, being 14. Maybe he just found it harder to hang out with his brothers because of how young they were. Wilbur was only 11 and Tommy had just turned 7. Phil had just turned 33 a couple of weeks ago. Their mom would be 32 years old by now...

"Techno?" Phil asked. Techno was pulled away from his thoughts. He didn't look up though because he knew he was crying. This was Tommy's special day, he shouldn't take that away from him. He had been with the family for 6 years now.

"Technoblade, what's wrong." Phil put his hand on Techno's shoulder. Techno quickly got up from his chair to get Phil's hand off of him. Tommy and Wilbur looked at him concerned.

"Leave me alone!" Techno yelled while he ran out of the room. He then heard Phil call his name from behind him. Techno ran up to his room and closed the door. He shoved his bed in front of it and grabbed his shoes. He opened his window and slid down and then jumped. It hurt his legs, but he kept running.

"TECHNOBLADE!" He could hear Philza screaming for him but he didn't turn around. Techno wanted his mother. He wanted her so bad.

"MOM!" Techno screamed.

Techno laid quietly at his mother's grave. He cried for a while, but now there weren't any more tears to shed. He was still sad but the tears just couldn't come out. When he arrived there were a few people but soon they all left. It was night time and Techno could clearly see the stars. He watched the pass as he silently hummed to himself. His mother used to always sing him to sleep every night. She used to always be there...

"TECHNO!" Techno sat up quickly to see Wilbur running towards him. Wilbur jumped into the pink-haired boy's arms.

"Techno thank god you're okay!" Wilbur said, hugging the boy. Techno sat there.

"A-are you crying? Wait... is that the fox plushie you used to sleep with?!" Techno yelled. Wilbur sniffed and stopped hugging his big brother.

"I... remember that one night we slept together? I accidentally left him in your room... I found him in there a couple of weeks ago..."

"You left it in there for 6 years?!" Techno yelled.

"Y-yeah... he smells like you so I wanted to hug him..."

"WHAT?! You are a fucking creep!" Techno yelled. Wilbur sniffed and hugged the stuffed fox close to him.

"I was worried... so's Dad. I felt useless. He called the police but they said that they couldn't send out a search party till tomorrow morning so... so I ran away too. Trying to find you of course! Dad yelled for me to stay. He's probably worried to... uh..." Wilbur sniffed.

"To what?" Techno wanted Wilbur to finish the sentence. Wilbur shook his head and stood up. He held out his hand for his brother to take. Techno was hesitant but took the hand. Wilbur "helped" his brother up (even though Techno really just got up himself).

"Let's go back home, okay? I'm tired..." Wilbur said. Techno agreed and together they went back home

Techno took a deep breath in and opened the front door. He then saw Philza at the phone, seemingly hanging it up. Phil turned his head quickly as he heard the click of the door.

"TECHNOBLADE!!" Philza screamed as he ran over to his son. He pulled him into a tight hug, but Techno didn't hug back.

"D-dad..." Techno stammered. Philza held him tightly.

"And you Wilbur! You both had me worried sick!" Phil then grabbed Wilbur and pulled him into a hug too.

"S-sorry Dad," Wilbur said, hugging Phil and his brother. The three stayed there for less than a minute—but what seemed like forever to Techno—until Phil let go and noticed Techno's eyes.

"You went to your mother's grave, didn't you," Phil said, his shoulders on the pink-haired boy. Techno stood silent for a moment before nodding slowly. Though he wasn't certain, he could hear Phil let out a shaky breath. Then, out of the corner of his eye, Techno could see Tommy standing there, holding onto Techno's wooden sword. It had been the new one Phil had gotten him a little after the first one had broken. Techno suddenly felt terrible. He had run away on Tommy's birthday. And this wasn't the first year he ruined something for Tommy.

Two years ago, when Tommy had started Kindergarten, Techno had gotten sick and Philza had to stay home with him. Phil had promised Tommy that he would wait with him at the bus stop. Though Tom didn't want to admit it, he was afraid people would make fun of him. Tommy knew he was loud and slightly annoying. He just wanted to be able to make friends. Techno could hear Tommy crying that same night, and Philza apologizing for not going to the bus with him.

"T-Tommy..." That was the only thing Techno could get out of his mouth. Tommy had wide eyes as he looked at his brother. Tommy also knew that he would be made fun of because he was adopted. And he was.

"TECHNO!" Tommy wailed, dropping the sword and running over to the pink-haired boy. He wrapped his arms around Techno's waist and cried. Techno hugged him back, knowing that Tommy forgave him.

Word count: 1024!