[ sixteen ]

[ sixteen | a return ]
[ 31st march ]
■●____________________●■

It was raining, heavy and it only added to the sombre and sad atmosphere in La Push. The funeral had happened a day previous and it had rained the entire ceremony, which made everything even worse and more depressing.

Paul couldn't remember a time when La Push felt out of place, one of their elders was dead, someone who they loved and could never imagine not being there. It was almost surreal for him to see the women and men he had grown up never seeing cry, in floods of tears and clutching onto one another.

He could barley focus on anyone else with the way that Estella was curled into his side, his arm tight around her shoulders and back, keeping her close as she silently cried into his shirt. He hated how sad Harry's death had made her, she had been quiet lately or just cried and he hated when she cried or was just sad in general.

They where both sat in the Gomez living room, curled up on the couch with an episode of Shameless on the TV. Estella had curled up on top of Paul, hands grasping his top while he gently held her against his chest, rubbing a large hand up and down her waist with a soft, warm blanket over the both of them.

"Why do they always do drugs?" Paul asked softly.

"They live a hard life and they take it out with drugs or alcohol." She replied quietly, eyes watching the TV screen. "Have you ever get tried coke?" She asked.

"No, never plan to after seeing what my dad was like." He replied softly. "You?" He asked in a slightly teasing tone.

"I tried magic mushrooms freshmen year, those are fun, but they left me pretty tired so I didn't do it again." She said and shrugged her shoulders.

To say Paul was shocked was an understatement, he literally sat up, pulling his girl with him and his jaw dropped as he stared at the blue eyed beauty. She just stared at him with innocent eyes and a small grin pulling onto her lips, the first real one since Harry died.

"You've done shrooms?" He asked in shock.

"To expand my mental status." She hummed, hooking her arms around his neck and shifted on his lap.

"Your cute, if you do it again, do it with me though, baby." He said, moving side to side with her on his lap and she giggled.

"What about...weed?!" She exclaimed, her nose pressing against his and he laughed, flipping them around so she laid under him.

Giggles poured past her plump lips and Paul simply admired how happy she looked, and he felt happy, leaning down to pepper kisses all over her face and jaw. She wriggled around and threw her arms around his neck, pulling him down for a tight hug and he slid his arms under her back.

He looked down at her with soft eyes and she smiled at him, a sad smile and he gently brushed her hair from her face before leaning down and capturing her lips with his own. He liked kissing her, especially because it made her smile so wide and she's told him multiple times how much she liked it.

"Are you a druggie?" He asked in a joking voice.

"What you gonna do about it..." She trailed off in a singing tone, a huge smile spread on her lips.