[ twenty ]

[ twenty | vampire army ]
[ early june ]
■●____________________●■

Estella wasn't use to the quiet anymore. She was always around Paul or the rest of the Pack, all of which where loud and boisterous. And what with them all being called for an 'emergency meeting' as Paul put it when he left the Gomez house a little over an hour ago.

That and her dad was making sure with the court that her mother wouldn't be able to get custody of her because Daniella was still adamant on trying to get Estella to go stay with her and her new husband for some time. Which is the last thing Estella wanted to do.

She felt anxious at the prospect of an emergency, especially if it meant that Paul would be in danger because that made her stomach twist and turn like someone had physically grabbed her insides. She had busied herself with painting at the dining room table, gliding water colours across a page in her sketch book.

There wasn't an obvious look or design to her painting, rather just swirls of combining colours that moored together. She found it relaxing to not have to make a particular picture and just let the colours smudge all over the page, letting her just focus on the feeling of the paintbrush gliding along the sketch paper.

There was a small knock on the front door which made her shoulders go tense seeing as Paul and her dad wouldn't knock on the front door and she wasn't expecting anyone. If it was a vampire, they would always know what she was doing, so she crept to the door and peaked through the little peep hole, seeing that it was Sue.

Beaming, Estella yanked the door open and wrapped her aunt up in a warm hug. The taller woman chuckled and squeezed her niece, swaying them from side to side for a moment before pulling back to cup her cheeks.

"Aunt Sue, I wasn't expecting you! How are you?" Estella beamed and guided her aunt inside, closing the door behind her.

"I'm great, honey, I'm just popping by to check in see how your dealing with the appearance of the she-devil." She joked and draped an arm around Estella's shoulders as they headed for the kitchen.

"Are you talking about the birth giver?" Estella replied in the same tone.

"I am." Sue confirmed.

"I'm doing okay, dads sorting everything out, so that I don't even have to see her, she makes me feel all icky." Estella shivered. "Coffee?"

"I can't stay long, but we should go have dinner sometime, just us and Leah? A girls night like we use to have." She suggested warmly.

"I'd love that, Seth can sleep here and have a guys night with dad and we can have a complete spa night and watch Clueless-!" Estella rambled excitedly and Sue laughed.

"Of course, are you okay on your own?" She asked while smoothing her niece's dark hair back behind her ears.

"Yes, I'm fine, Paul will be coming back over later." Estella said with a small shrug and a blush.

"You guys are cute." She pinched Estella's flushed cheeks.

"Shhh." Estella shushed and Sue laughed.

"I'll see you later, honey, enjoy your painting." She kissed her nieces cheek then left Estella in the kitchen.

■●____________________●■