03

LATER THAT DAY Solarya sat in the shadows listening to Sprite tell the Babylonian people stories. She was the greatest storyteller especially as she could create the scenes she was telling. Solarya smiled as she created fireworks causing the people to cheer.

She walked towards where Druig sat, "The beautiful Solarya. You're late."

She smirked, "I've been here the entire time. You just couldn't see me. Despite my powers of the sun, I'm very good at hiding in the dark."

Makkari sped up with things in her hand, "You're late too," Druig said.

"I needed to get enough artefacts to make a good trade," Makkari signed. "What have you gotten Arya?" Solarya drew a necklace from her back pocket and presented it to her. It was solid gold with an emerald jewel in the middle.

Makkari was elated, "Where did you get that?"

"Places," Solarya signed back.

"Just lie to them," a man, opposite the three, spoke to another quietly in Babylonian. He tried to snatch one of the treasures Makkari had stolen before the girl grabbed his arm.

"I can sense vibrations," Makkari sighed and Druig translated in the native tongue, "Even the tiniest movement. Including your voices when you speak. Did you two just waste my time?"

"The Emerald Tablet you're searching for... is a myth!" One man spat back. A bit away chalices clattered to the ground and the rough sound of a man being pushed into the table was heard. Shouts rang out and the three Eternals looked over. Druig stood and looked at them. His eyes glowed and Solarya stood. The men stopped and started slapping themselves before cheering and hugging.

Solarya touched Druig's arm causing him to look at her as the gold faded away from his eyes. "As funny as it is you have to stop," she spoke quietly. He looked at her and she smiled sadly. She knew how much he liked the humans and couldn't bear to see them hurt each other.

"When humans have conflict, Ajak tells us not to interfere," Makkari signed.

"She also says that stealing is very very bad," he replied with a teasing smirk. Solarya smiled guiltily. He held up one of the things Makkari stole and she grabbed it.

"If you don't tell, Arya and I won't," Makkari signed.

Druig looked at Solarya, his eyes flicking to her lips, "Deal." Solarya smiled at him and Makkari sped off.

"Dance with me Druig," Solarya said taking his hand in hers.

 Druig immediately shook his head, "I don't dance."

Solarya laughed, "Well you're going to live forever you might as well learn," she dragged him towards where the Babylonian's were dancing happily. They opened the circle for them to join and Solarya laughed at Druig's confused and slightly uncomfortable expression.

The woman smiled over at Sersi who was dancing as well. The joyous folk music and the people's happy laughter filled the air and Druig glanced at the girl next to him. As the dance finished he pulled her away.

"You had no idea what you were doing," she giggled.

 "Really? You don't say," he replied sarcastically.

"Well you clearly need practice," she took his hand in her own and started swaying to the lighter music that had started.

"I can't do this type of dancing either," Druig shook his head as he looked down at his feet.

"Just try. You're doing very well," Solarya muttered. He lifted his head and looked at her. She seemed to be in deep thought. He could easily read her mind but he didn't want to invade her privacy.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked.

"That I don't want to leave. I quite like it here," she replied, "You?"

Druig shook his head, "Trying not to step on your feet," this caused her to laugh. He lied. He was thinking how beautiful she looked in this light. How right it felt to hold her hand. And how utterly in love he was with her.