12

THE ETERNALS HADN'T TOLD SOLARYA where they were going next until they landed. To find Druig. Solarya walked through the Amazonian rain forest, annoyed. First of all, bugs were buzzing around her and two, she had to see him.

A mosquito came near her. It flew straight into the small barrier she had around her body. It wasn't visible to the human eye but when something bashed against it, it would give off a golden glow. She had learnt a few things from Frigga and Loki. 

Gilgamesh looked at her, "What was that?"

"Nothing to worry about," Solarya replied walking further into the woods. They came across a clearing where people were working.

Children waved at them and some spoke politely in Spanish.

"It's very nice here sir," Solarya heard Karun say.

"Don't be fooled. Ignorance is bliss," Kingo replied causing the man to chuckle.

Sprite walked up to one of the workers, "Hey. We're looking for Druig. Is he here?"

"Yes. How do you know Druig?"

"We're friends... from college," Sprite replied. The man turned, eyes gold and spoke.

"Hello, Sprite," he said. However, it wasn't the man's voice it was Druig's. The people of the village stopped working and Solarya looked around. A door opened and Druig walked out casually.

"I missed all of you," he smirked, "Please, make yourselves at home."

The Eternals walked into the building and Druig followed after them. He walked forward to catch up with Solarya.

"Hello, love."

Solarya glanced at him, "I'm surprised you're not holding fruit."

"Come on say something please."

"I have nothing to say to you." She walked faster and sat in the corner of the large hall.

Sersi quickly explained the situation and they sat in silence. Solarya glanced up from her phone as Druig spoke, "You've given me a lot of bad news in one go my lady."

"Will you help us?" Sersi asked.

"I am glad that..." Druig was cut off as Juice by Lizzo blasted. Solarya laughed as Sersi scrambled to get her phone.

"Hey, what's your service? I'm not getting any bars," Kingo asked before he turned to Solarya, "What's yours?"

"Satellite phone," Solarya shrugged.

"Where'd you get that?" Kingo questioned.

"Tony Stark," Solarya said.

"You know Tony Stark?" Ikaris asked.

"Did," Solarya sighed, "Great man. Unlike some." It was a jab at both Ikaris and Druig.

"Do you all remember this forest? Beautiful. It was the last place we all lived together. I've protected these people for 20 generations now from the outside world and from themselves," Druig said. He stood in front of Karun who was filming, "Your kind, my friend, you will be responsible for your own extinction one day. Don't you think?"

"I think we must learn from our mistakes and do better sir. You must not give up hope." Karun replied fearfully. Druig's eyes glowed and Karun threw his camera into the wall.

"Oh, no you didn't," Kingo stated, "Okay, new rule, no more possessing people's valets."

"Oh, where's your sense of humour Kingo," Druig smirked.

Karun apologized, "I am sorry sir."

"Don't apologize, it's not your fault. You are not a god. You know that right?"

"How ironic. Kingo, the movie star."

"I've directed some things too," Kingo responded.

"Oh, yeah? Like what?"

"Some internet content."

"How many views?"

"I don't do it for the views."

Ikaris leaned off the wall, "Let's go he's wasting our time."

"I could have told you that before we even came here," Solarya huffed, standing.

"Ikaris. I missed you. Are you gonna charm me or threaten me?" Druig asked.

"I mean there's a third option if you prefer that," Ikaris replied.

"It must be heartbreaking to find out that you're not Mother's favourite."

"I'm sure she'd be real proud of what you've been up to."

Sersi but in, "Druig this is serious."

"I'll tell you what's serious. I've just been told I've been sent on a suicide mission for the past 7,000 years, and that my entire existence is a lie. So excuse me for not giving a shit about your plan right now."

As he walked past Solarya he hissed as his sleeve caught fire. Solarya smirked as she looked down at her phone. Over the years she hard-learned ways to manipulate light into doing her bidding.

He walked out and Kingo sighed, "Druig sucks."

"He does sir," Karun agreed.