16

"WHY WOULD SPRITE GO WITH IKARIS?"

Makkari was confused as she came back and they were explaining what was happening.

"Because she loves him," Kingo said, "Oh, you guys didn't pick up on that? He really fooled us, didn't he? Karun let's go.."

"Where the hell are you going?" Solarya asked.

"I can't help you guys," Kingo shook his head, "I still think Ikaris is right."

"So that's it huh? Just gonna follow him?" Phastos questioned.

"I love the people of this planet. But if you stop this emergence, you are preventing so many other worlds like this one from being created. I still have faith in Arishem. But I refuse to hurt any of you for my beliefs."

He started to walk towards the door but Makkari stopped him, "We need you."

"Even with my help, we are no match. It's Ikaris," he shrugged off her hold, "But I hope to see you on the next planet."

Phastos threw up his hands in disbelief and Solarya sighed plopping down next to Druig.

"Thank you for all you've done... for humanity. It's been a great honour. I will miss you all," Karun sniffled as he spoke in Hindi. Druig nodded at him and the stout man walked after his boss.

"Look, if I'm gonna get myself killed going up against Ikaris, we'll need to have a backup plan," Druig said.

"Please don't say that," Solarya sighed.

"All of our powers, even if they're amplified, are not enough to kill a Celestial, so..." Phastos trailed.

"Well, Sersi did turn a Deviant into a tree," Druig reminded. He rose the spoon of beans and put it into his mouth.

"Where did you get that?" Solarya asked causing him to shrug.

"I'm sorry, what? You didn't wanna tell me that?" Phastos asked.

"You've never been able to do it before," Makkari signed in confusion.

"I don't know how it happened okay? And I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it again," Sersi said.

Phastos scoffed, "Well now is the time to try don't you think?"

"Phastos that Deviant is dead. Our plan is to put Tiamut to sleep, not kill it. I can't kill a Celestial," Sersi said shakily.

"Sersi. Sersi."

"We can't!" Sersi exclaimed, "We can't."

"It's okay, Sersi," Druig said, "I've got this."

Sersi walked away and Solarya sighed, "What about Ikaris?"

"You're the only one strong enough and the only one with offensive powers," Makkari signed.

"I'm not strong enough to take on Ikaris," Solarya denied.

"You once told me on Asgard Loki had something that amplified your powers, we could use that," she responded.

"That would require magic. Magic requires either Loki or Frigga and unfortunate they're both dead," Solarya said. She exhaled deeply.

"What?" Druig questioned.

"Frigga died by the hands of the Dark Elves and Loki died by the hands of Thanos. They can't help me," she spoke gravely.

"I'm sorry," Druig said.

"Me too. They were good people, well Frigga was," Solarya chuckled. Phastos walked out to give Sersi the we need you speech after he had figured out how the Uni-Mind could work. He came back and started working and they left him to his gadgets, going to suit up.