06

DRUIG EXITED THE ROOM, quietly closing the door behind him. He stormed towards the common room where the group was sitting in deep thought, "Why the hell would you say that. Don't you think she doesn't already blame herself? She doesn't need your opinions clouding her mind." He was blinded by his anger and his eyes glowed dangerously. Makkari looked confused and Kingo signed the conversation for her.

"What is he talking about?" Sersi asked her husband.

"I don't know," Ikaris denied.

Druig chuckled bitterly, "Don't lie. He told Arya that the dead boy was her fault. That she could have done something."

"Ikaris," Thena and Ajak scolded.

Ikaris raised his hands in defence, "She stood there and watched the Deviant kill the kid. She could have at least blasted it. That's all I'm saying."

"That's no excuse. She's already in a state of shock," Thena stated.

"She's a liability. If she can't protect the human what good is she?" Ikaris replied.

"A liability?" Druig shouted.

Shouts crossed the room and Ajak tried to calm the two warring Eternals.

"Enough!" Thena shouted, "It doesn't matter. Arguing isn't going to bring that boy back and telling Arya that it was her fault isn't going to make her feel better. Ikaris leave her alone. It was an accident." The Eternals calmed before Thena stood, "I'm going to see if she needs anything. Would anyone like to come?" Sersi, Sprite snd Makkari followed after the goddess.