04

400 AD
GUPTA EMPIRE

THE ETERNALS had moved on once more, but not without promises to the Babylonian people to return.

Solarya sat in her room in the Domo reading a book. The door opened and Druig casually walked in, "Druig. Knock." She wasn't mad about it, she was just teasing him.

"I can't be bothered," he replied laying on her bed. The two had grown closer to a point where the others knew that they were both in love with each other. Which of course they were but they would never admit to that.

"What do you think of Ikaris and Sersi getting married?" Solarya asked as she put down her book and patted the space beside her.

"I don't know. Marriage is complicated," Druig replied shuffling up the bed. He wriggled around to make himself comfortable. As he stopped she cuddled into him. His fingers found their way to her hair and she smiled.

"You're only saying that because you don't like Ikaris."

"Not denying it," he shrugged.

"I think it's wonderful. Although it would matter in the long run," she said.

Druig looked down at her, "Why?"

"Because we're going to live forever. I think forever is a long enough time to express your love," she replied glancing up at him. His steel eyes bore into her own and flickered down to her lips.

"Would you ever get married?" Druig whispered.

"Depends on who to," she muttered quietly.

The same thoughts were running through their heads but both were scared of what the other would do. Their faces gradually drew closer, as if they were being drawn in by a magnetic force they couldn't resist. Solarya's face was held by Druig, and his thumb glided over her soft pink lips.

As his lips touched hers, Solarya's heart skipped a beat. Her knees would have given out if she had been standing. All she could think about was the feel of his lips on hers as time appeared to slow down.

Solarya's thoughts were still blurry with ecstasy after they parted, and her eyes remained closed for a moment before opening and looking at him.

"I have loved you for years," Druig mumbled.

Solarya's face flushed causing him to smile, "I've never been in love. What?"

"Nothing," he shook his head, "I just... I'll be yours if you'll be mine. Let me love you Solarya."

Solarya smiled and nodded. A knock came from the door, "Come in."

Thena opened it and smiled at the two, "We're ready to go." She left and Druig got up.

"Let us go, my love," he held out his hand for her and she took it graciously.

They exited the Domo and went into the building. They saw the rest there already.

Sersi walked out of the back room with some women surrounding her. Ikaris smiled at her as she stopped and the minister started speaking. "May the gods hereby bond you in matrimony. Congratulations," he finished before walking away as the couple kissed and the rest of the Eternals smiled.

Solarya looked up at Druig and giggled, "Where did you find that?"

"In the basket behind me," Druig replied continuing to eat his pear.

"I will never understand your obsession with fruit," Solarya shook her head. They looked back to the happy couple and he whispered into her ear.

"Would you marry me someday, my love?"

"When someday comes, ask me again, and I promise you I'll say yes," she smiled up at him.