Chapter 13 He's so aggressive

ERIN'S POV

Six hours later, and I roll out of bed, shower, and dress, ready to meet Styles. He still wants to work, even though I'd rather stay in bed. But I owe him so much after saving me last night.

As I slip my arms into my pink crop top, my attention turns to the revolting mess staring back at me in the mirror. Even though I have washed the yuck from my body, there is no quick fix for my puffy, red, drug coated eyes. I unzip my make-up bag and start.

Fifteen minutes later, I'm done and stepping out the dorm's main door. I didn't expect it to be so humid out. Now I'm regretting the jeans, but it's too late to change. I scan the parked cars when I see his black SUV. Even though he saved me from an unimaginable situation, I feel shy and embarrassed to face him.

I tap on the side window, and his head snaps up from his phone; his expression is blank. The automatic window rolls down, and I smile regardless of what's happened. "Good morning." I smile.

He drops his phone in his lap. "What's good about it?"

I shrug. "I'm alive. Or would you rather I weren't?"

"What the fuck sort of stupid question is that!" He mumbles something else under his breath before turning away.

"I'm only joking," I tease.

"Well, don't, because they could have killed you."

"Jeez. I'm sorry."

His frosty greeting does not surprise me. He's no doubt angry about me dragging him and his friends into that situation. "Look, if you don't want me to work today or ever, I understand?"

The car starts and 'Bleed it out by Linkin Park plays. "Get in or I'm leaving."

Wow. He's in a mood. And if I don't clear the air, today could be unbearable. "Can we talk for a minute?"

He mutes the music. "What about?"

"Last night? Things got pretty intense."

"Agreed."

As soon as the car takes off, Styles stomps his foot on the accelerator, pinning me back in the seat. "I just want to thank you again for helping me. You and your friends were amazing. And you're pretty cool when you're not so uptight."

"I'm not always uptight. But thank you. I was glad to help."

*

After two hours of working alone, I get through a stack of statements. I'm not sure what Styles is doing, but I assume he's with one of the two females I can hear laughing with him. I can only hope it's not another jealous woman ready to attack me again. And no doubt there are more Lana's. He could have several—hundred floating around Sydney, all waiting to fill her spot. And I get it. I do. He's built like a god and he knows it.

Soon enough, I am engrossed in the statements again.

"Who the hell are you?"

A female voice has me spinning around. My eyes widen in surprise at the sight of 2 blonde women standing at the door. Oh God, he's had two at once. I pull the single earphone from my ear as one of them calls out to someone named Ashley. Within seconds, heavy steps are pounding along the hall. Then Styles appears at the door.

"What?" he asks. "What's wrong?"

His name is Ashley. Why have I never wondered what his Christian name is?

The blonde snarls. "Why didn't you tell me you had someone else here?"

"Erin, meet my older and very annoying sister Bianca, and one of her besties, Katie."