Chapter 32

Stiles sighed, contently, laying across the hot surface of the cliff he was on. Lydia and Isaac were nearby. Lydia had packed a picnic for the three of them and suggested they come here so Stiles could stretch out his wings for a while.

"How's it going with Cora?" He asked, eyes closed.

"Good." Isaac started, "We're going out later. Taking her to Mooney's like Derek suggested."

"Nice, she loves it there."

"Get her flowers." Lydia chimed in, looking at her nails.

"OOOO!" Stiles shouted, sitting up, "This means the house will be empty tonight!"

"Ew." Isaac laughed.

Stiles rolled his eyes, "I'm trying to convince Derek to let me get a kitten. So, I think I can just sneak one in tonight and give him my little puppy eyes and then he'll be fine with it."

"Awh, I love Kittens. And Derek's such a pushover when it comes to you, you could get twelve and he'd pretend to be mad before giving you that look and saying 'fine I guess we can keep them'." Lydia laughed.

Stiles shrugged, "He's squishy, he just pretends he's not."

Lydia laughed, "If you're gonna fly around, you should. Pack will be headed over soon for the meeting."

The other male just nodded, sitting up to stretch a bit before letting his wings out. "Still so weird." Isaac murmured, getting a laugh from Stiles.

They watched their friend fly around for a bit, coming above them and over the edge of the cliff. It had only been a few minutes before he came spiraling down to the ground landing on his wing. He screamed, Lydia dropping down by his side, "I got you, I'll call Deaton."

"I want Derek." He muttered in between his sobs.

Isaac didn't hesitate before howling loudly, knowing Derek would respond faster to that than a call. He heard a short howl back, dropping next to Stiles to take some of his pain. Derek was there and by Stiles' side in minutes pulling his pain.

"Babe, what happened?"

"Someone popped out of nowhere and I ran into them."

"Stiles, nobody was there?" Isaac stated, confusion laced between his words.

Stiles shook his head, "An angel. He's gone."

Derek growled a bit as Stiles let out another cry. "Deaton is almost here." Lydia said softly.

Stiles was patched up shortly after and Deaton told him he would have to leave his wing out in order for it to heal. He sighed, leaning into Derek's side.

"What exactly happened?"

"There was someone there, clearly I could only see him. It was an angel. He popped up literally like seconds before I hit him and I fell."

"I'm gonna kill him." Derek growled.

"It was an accident."

"They didn't even stick around to see if you were okay, Stiles!" Isaac snapped.

"Yeah, probably because I have two crazy eyed werewolves all pissed off next to me."

Derek grunted, "I'm going to kill whoever this ass is."

"Der, relax. I'm sure it wasn't on purpose."

"I don't care." He growled back.

"U-um hi. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you."

Everyone turned to see a short guy with light blonde hair standing a few feet away, he had piercing green eyes and was clearly full of guilt and anxiety.

"Who are you?" Stiles asked before anyone else had time to speak up.

"I uh, I'm Gus. I was sent to check on you." nerves laced his words, strangling his voice. "I really didn't mean for that to happen. I was just trying to pop in, see how you were, and be on my way. You normally don't even know I'm here, clearly I made a mistake in my trajectory."

"Clearly." Stiles muttered to himself, "wait, normally? How long have you been spying on me?"

"Spying? No, no. I don't think I'd call it that. Really I'm just doing my job."

"Which is to what? Spy on me." Stiles asked, Derek pulling him closer into his side.

Gus sighed, "I'm just sent to make sure you're doing okay, ya know, like.." He pointed to his head. "It's not uncommon for Guardians to get kinda...ehh up there."

"Who the hell is even telling you to check in on me?" He scoffed, "Jesus?"

Gus rolled his eyes, "He's a fraud. The Gods, plural, like to be kept in the loop though."

"Gods?" Isaac butted in.

Gus nodded, "Zues, Hera, Athena. You know them."

"You're serious?" Disbelief fell across Stiles, "If they're all real and want to know how I am, why haven't I ever met them?"

The other angel laughed, "dude, they're busy. Like all the time. You need to wait your turn to meet them. I only know them because I'm working for them as your guardian basically."

"Why do I need a guardian?"

"Because guardians don't look out for themselves. That's why."

Stiles scoffed, "Whatever. Next time don't pop up literally right in front of me. And maybe stop lurking in the shadows like you have something to hide. Also, I don't believe you and if you're telling the truth then I want to meet these bastards."

With an exaggerated sigh Gus answered, "I'll see what I can do."

"Now I can't sneak a kitten into the house." Stiles pouted.

"We're not getting a cat." Derek muttered, Gus disappearing.

"Clearly not, I can't go anywhere until my stupid wing heals and by then Gizmo will be gone."

"Babe." The pack stared silently at Derek.

Stiles just sighed, "Can we just go home now, my wing hurts."

"Babe!" Derek called walking into the house the next afternoon. "Stiles?"

"I'm playing video games, what?"

"I got you something." He replied carrying a box into the living room.

Stiles smiled, tossing the controller onto the couch, "A present? For me??" He grabbed the box feeling a hole on the side. "You shut up."

Derek smirked, nodding toward the box. "Open it."

Stiles pulled off the top revealing a Siamese kitten, curled into a ball asleep. "Is it Gizmo?"

"It's Gizmo."

Hey! Let me know what you guys all think of this chapter. I'm hoping it's good considering I've written nothing in such a long time. Love you all so much and thank you for wanting to continue reading this story, let me know if you have any ideas you would like to see added to the story to help me keep it going!