o. game of survival

【 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 】

i have never trusted

❝ not until i have uncovered their deepest fears ❞

not until i have uncovered their deepest fears

─── the beginnings of kaz brekker and stasiaj yahontov

∘☽༓☾∘

Children were never meant to grow in dark alleyways or cobbled streets. They were far too young to know that trusting strangers with cold hands and wide eyes were a bad idea, far too young to have ever been taught the best way to survive. The only way to thrive in the darkness was to teach yourself, to break your nails clawing upwards, and to somehow find yourself out on top.

It took Stasiaj Yahontov two years to learn that lesson. It took her another year to learn that compassion would get her no where and a further three for her to leave all of her pleasantries behind. No one cared if they hurt her, so why should she care if she hurt them back.

From there, she slithered her way upwards, clambering over bodies and killing those who asked question, never trusting anyone to keep her safe but herself. Once she was at the top, she promised herself, once she was there, she would teach those younger than her. She would keep them safe.

But for now, the Snake of Ketterdam would have to keep her spot on the highest rung for it was a long fall back down.

∘☽༓☾∘

FLORENCE PUGH as STASIAJ YAHONTOV

─── Snake

yet here you are, once again, asking for my help, crow man