The Nerd Isn't Actually A Nerd

So yeah
I'm writing as fast as I can because later I'm gonna be a bit busy and the updates would be like once in a week or something.
Here's chapter two

Chapter 2 -
The Nerd Isn't Actually A Nerd

Adrian rubbed his hands together. Add an evil laugh and he would look a complete maniac. He was grinning like a mad man. Hiding in the guest room that was just opposite to his sister's - actually their room, he waited for her to enter their room.

Yes. Adrian Fernandes shared a room with his sister. Cool right? Yes. No.
There are pros and cons to everything right?

Two years back they shifted to this new town, they both had been sharing the room since then. After all they were each other's best friend and they needed each other's help to sneak out and get back in through the window. Their mother had threatened to take away their cell phones if they didn't share a room. After all they would come home just for the vacations.

It was just Merlin who still stayed at home. But then she was going to leave pretty soon too.

Angela had to force her teenager kids to stay in the same room. Spend some bonding time was what she had said.

Thanks to their dad, Michael Fernandes who took pity on his children and assigned them the biggest room with two walk in closets for them .

But why was Adrian hiding in the guest room, when he could still be sleeping or playing video games or something? Simple. No celebration, in the Fernandes house ever starts until Adrian plays a prank on someone.

He kept the door ajar, so he could peek through it.

Ah! Here she comes. Whistling to herself, she entered the room and squealed. Yes, squealed in joy.

Fortunately for Adrian, Merlin forgot to close the door. Her back was towards him. But he could see that she picked up the gift box and started unwrapping it.
The countdown begins
And 5...4...3...2...

"Aaaaaaaagh"
And within a blink of an eye, Merlin ran out of the room, screaming.
Adrian fell on the floor laughing.

Oh!! that was epic. And she didn't even see the camera placed on the shelf right in front of her to capture her reaction.

Still chuckling to himself, he walked into the room and grabbed the camera off of the shelf to stop the recording. Picking up the fake tarantula lying upside down on the floor, shoved it in his pocket. He then sat down on his bed and played the video.

She entered the room whistling and then she squealed when she saw the gift. She looked happy, and as soon as she unwrapped it and lifted the lid, the tarantula jumped on her.

The way her happy face twisted into horror and that scream emanating so loud had him laughing his ass off

Adrian had spent hours working on it. And looks like all of it was worth it.

Laughing so hard he lost his balance and before he knew it fell down on the floor, face-first.

"You deserved that, son" He heard his dad say

"And good morning to you too, dad" He was still laughing. He tried to get up and "ow!!" Okay so falling face-first on the floor did hurt a bit.

"So what was it this time?"
Adrian showed the rubber toy to his dad.

"Ah! That's better than what you did last time. I know I should scold you. Actually, that is why your mother sent me up here. But how can I scold my son when I'm proud that all these years he took after me." Michael winked at his son.