Grumpy Two Year Olds

Chapter 20 -
Grumpy Two Year Olds

Niharika parked her BMW in the parking lot. It had been hard for her to not do anything for one whole week. There hadn't been Merlin's laughter nor Aidan's smartass comments nor Justin's goofiness nor Rena's sarcasm.
Nor Adrian. Adrian wasn't someone whom she could describe in words. He was one of a kind.

He was hot, for sure. He acted all cool. Like everything was fine by him. But he doesn't leave it at that. He wanted to know everything. He was way too adorable. But the way he would understand her, that was thing Neha liked about him. And that nagged her all the time.

She told herself that she indeed did a favor to Adrian. But the jealousy just won't leave her alone. It had to, in some or the other way creep into her mind.

She shook her head to rid off the thoughts. No such luck

"Neha." She turned around to find Manali walking her way.

She resisted the urge to snap at her. The bitch just won't leave her alone.

"Hey Neha. How are you? Enjoyed your vacations? "

As if she cared.

Niharika pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration. "What do you want Manali?"

"I just want to be your friend."

"I almost believed that" Niharika just walked ahead.

"Oh c'mon Neha."

"Atleast spare me on the first day itself."

Manali huffed and walked away.

That girl had been in a thorn in her side. Ever since Neha was declared as the captain of the dance team, Manali had been trying to work it out with Neha. To say Manali couldn't dance would've been an understatement.

Neha held her helmet in one hand and walked inside. She directly went to her locker to put away her helmet. It was as it is hard to keep remembering to carry it everywhere. It would be her fourth helmet this year.

Neha slammed her locker door closed and started walking towards her classroom.

She looked around to find groups of students. She had been unconcerned when it came to friendship before. But after a month at Merlin's, she felt something change in her.

She suddenly remembered the time when she had been with all of them at the food court. Friends. They were her friends.
Merlin, Adrian, Justin, Aidan, Rena. Even the presence of Natasha and Shazia didn't affect her mood.

If only she could be a normal friendly person.

Niharika thought of turning and leaving. Where? She didn't know. But away. Somewhere. Where she felt like she belonged.

Niharika just shook her head. She walked to her classroom and sat on the last bench. Alone, as always.

The teacher had yet to come in.

She sat and looked out the window when her cell phone rang.

"Hello."

"Hello. Neha?" Somebody whispered.

"Yes?"

"Hey, it's Neha." She heard somebody say.

"What the hell do you want?"

"And hello to you too sweetheart. "

She laughed out loud. She didn't know why, but Aidan could make her laugh. She could already picture him smirking.

Students turned their heads her way. She could've snapped at them. But she didn't feel like it.

"What, in God's name, did you do to my friend?"

"Who are you talking about?" She asked confused.

"Adrian"

She sucked in a breath at thr mere mention of his name.

"He had been holed up in his room for one whole week. He growls at anything and everything. He looks pale and sick. And now, he's getting all goody goody with me."

"He just needs to adjust and learn to grow." She grumbled.

"God, what's with you two? You even sound alike. Acting like two year olds. Grumpy two year olds." He muttered.

"I didn't do anything. It's all his fault."

"Falling in love with someone is no one's fault."

Niharika couldn't reply. She didn't want to. Her heart already broke when he said he looked sick.

But she wasn't strong enough to go back to him and confess her love. Hell, she couldn't even confront her parents yet.

"I know you're scared. But you both seem miserable. Give it a try. It's worth the risk."

"You don't understand. Nobody would ever understand."

"No, I don't understand. But I do know that my best friend is hurting here. And I can't help but just ask for your help. I can't fight with you. I can't just spew a few curses and threaten you. I know you're a good girl and that you love him. But god, neha, put him out of his misery. I don't like it when I see my best friend staring at nothing in particular. And suddenly running out of the class in the middle of the lecture. He looks like shit. And damn, if I sit back here and see him fall deeper in this pit."

Aidan was now shouting on the phone. And Neha knew that she deserved every word. Every acquisition.

Adrian had been miserable. But so was she. Good thing was, Adrian had friends. He would come out of it. But did she want him to forget her?

No

"I am sorry" she whispered. "Tell him I am sorry."

"I am sorry too. Neha. Never knew you'd act like a bitch." he said bitterly

And he hung up.

Neha felt the tear roll down her cheek. It hurt. Aidan's words hurt her deep. But then she had been a bitch to him.

She had cried that day. The day she left. Traitorous tear she had said and he'd laughed. She wanted to see him laugh. Make him laugh.

And maybe this one call was all she needed. Without wasting another second she ran out of the class, retrieved her helmet and drove her bike home.

"Neha what are you-" she met her mother at the door.

She ran in, grabbing her mother's hand. She seated her on one of the chairs of the dining table where her father was seated.

She stood in front of her parents, hands folded. Took a deep breath and let it out.

"Dad, we need to talk."

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

So people a few more chapters and Just A Kiss will be coming to an end.

I feel happy. Never knew u'd even reach till here.
Anyways.

Good luck

-Nami